By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision: Destiny 2 DLC could be as important as the Base game

And they think this is a good thing?
Well, I guess it is for them...

Around the Network

Translates to "wait 2 years and for a sale" for me, so I'll gladly sit back and see how that pans out. They've already disabled the use of fraps and Afterburner, so I've little reason to rush out and buy it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So, pretty much as the first one, they're going to sell you as DLC the content that should've been in the base game.

Mar1217 said:
It's clear they cut content from the main game just to sell it in multiple ''new'' edition...

What does "cut content even mean?  

DragonRouge said:
So, pretty much as the first one, they're going to sell you as DLC the content that should've been in the base game.

Who decides what should be in the game? Isn't that the developer and publisher?

Areym said:
Yeah i'm not buying this until I can get the entire thing for $60. Fair to say, they already have every DLC planned out if he can say that s confidently.

I think that pretty much all DLC for every game is planned out ahead of the game's release. Certainly any content that js coming in the year or so after release  is in the works before the game hits the streets.

Imagine if Nintendo said anything similar to this

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

DragonRouge said:

Yes, but they don't decide that thinking about costumer satisfaction, and thus, I decide not to buy their game.

DragonRouge said:
VAMatt said:

Yes, but they don't decide that thinking about costumer satisfaction, and thus, I decide not to buy their game.

That applies to every game with DLC though.  

Bandorr said:
And how much of that content is going to be "exclusive" to Playstation 4 for a period of time?

probably some exotic weapons for up to a year.

Kyuu said:
This probably deserves to flop worse than Street Fighter V.

+1

Can only hope people vote with their wallet in the face of a company being so blatent with their desire to nickle and dime the buyers of their game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This news definitely sucks....however, I'd rather spend $60 on a half-ass initial release of Destiny 2 than
a shitty-ass release of another lame COD title.