By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The best weapon in Splatoon 2 is a bucket

It takes at least three hits with the tri-slosher to kill somebody from full health. Source: I tested it out in the weapons shop. The L3 Nozzlenose outranges it easily. You can two shot anybody with a medium range blaster without even landing a single hit. Bucket users get screwed over by that. Finally, the Splash-o-matic just barely outranges it, and comes with Splat Bombs to harass them from afar. With Sub-Saver, and Sub-Proficiency Up you can toss three splat bombs nearly consecutively from a full ink tank. Two splat bombs will kill anybody that is injured.

Around the Network

Damn. I was already really good with the bucket in the first game along with the paintbrush (which I mostly used). They're generally weapons effectively used stealthily, but it depends on the stage though, sometimes. And what weapons you're up against. Paintbrush and buckets can play aggressively on rollers, but anything else must be passive-aggressive

Still not as broken as it was in Skyrim.

Love and tolerate.

If the bucket is similar to how it was in splatoon 1 its definitely not the best weapon in the game.

Buckets have always been shotguns in Splatoon to begin with. Similar power and splash range of roller but with shorter rate of fire between shots and lacking roller's maneuverability while spreading ink.

The problem with it as a weapon is just like a roller though. If the opponent has range or can maneuver close with shooter, they can do you in. It can be a hassle, especially if you sneak into a unsuspecting opponents range, but I won't call this one the best weapon in Splatoon 2 yet.

Around the Network

Not for inking. The best for actually scoring points is the Aerospray.

mZuzek said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
It takes at least three hits with the tri-slosher to kill somebody from full health. Source: I tested it out in the weapons shop. The L3 Nozzlenose outranges it easily. You can two shot anybody with a medium range blaster without even landing a single hit. Bucket users get screwed over by that. Finally, the Splash-o-matic just barely outranges it, and comes with Splat Bombs to harass them from afar. With Sub-Saver, and Sub-Proficiency Up you can toss three splat bombs nearly consecutively from a full ink tank. Two splat bombs will kill anybody that is injured.

Counter-source: just watch the video goddammit... it's 2HKO like 99% of the time, as any Slosher's ever been.

I always thought Sloshers as a whole were the best weapons in the game since Splatoon 1, but yeah, Tri-Slosher is just dumb. I gave it a shot earlier today and was amazed at how even though I was playing like crap and not even paying attention it was so easy to get a ton of splats and turf coverage. Besides having Burst Bomb and Ink Armor really doesn't help as those are some of the best sub/specials in the game and complement the Tri-Slosher pretty well too.

Really, whoever says this weapon isn't OP is just in denial. All you have to do is look at the top ranked teams in league battles... it says it all, really.

I watched the video, and realized that I was tossing from above. It does 2 hit kill. I still gotta say I love the L3 nozzlenose because it outranges them though. I agree that Tri-Slosher needs a nerf after watching the video. Too much damage on equal levels and too good of a kit overall. 

zippy said:
I Switched from my favourite weapon the NZapp during Splatfest last night to the slosher, mainly due to the NZapp having the most ineffective and useless special attack. I have to say after I switched I had a lot of success with the slosher and I'm going to stick k with it for a bit to become even more proficient with it.

Err what? Ink Armor is arguable the best special in the game, definitely among the top 3. There's a reason many weapons with that special had their point requirement increased.

Rocketjay8 said:

I do think that they should buff the shooters back to their range from splatoon 1 so that they have a bigger chance of beating the tri-slosher. The problem with it is the fact is you don't have to aim as much as the shooters do at close range and they can 2 shot them. Combine this with the fact it has no rng while jumping and makes the 52 gal completely obsolite. I do have a strategy against them and that's by staying as far away as them as possible and shoot them with my trusty splattershot pro and jet squelcher.

Because of one weapon? lol no, they'll just nerf the Tri-Slosher.

VideoGameAccountant said:

I can understand the concern with shooters having a shorter range, but a shooter with similar range will kill faster. You also lose the slosher's edge which is the ability to attack upward. Its a better weapon in close quarters than the slosher, but lacks the range the standard one has which is part of the advantage of the slosher class. And both the Squelcher weapons outrange it.  I wouldn't call it broken. You need to play around it. 

Oh that's not a concern, I'm glad they have less range and it's definitely deserved as they're the most overused weapon type.

CrowRSchneider said:
Yep but knowing Nintendo it's gonna be nerfed eventually, I think just reducing the damage on the side splashes is good.

Sadly yes, I fear it'll be unnecessary and too early like the Roller nerfs in Splatoon 1. Ahwell, as long as the regular Slosher is untouched I'm good. :L

CrowRSchneider said:
Yep but knowing Nintendo it's gonna be nerfed eventually, I think just reducing the damage on the side splashes is good.

I know for a fact that they nerfed the Aerospray because I checked it myself. If you go into Splatoon 1 and test the gun against one of those dummies, it reads out 24.5 on Splatoon 1 for one trigger pull. In Splatoon 2, it's down to 24.0. Add in the strength abilities that Nintendo intentionally took out of Splatoon 2 and it's even worse.

Clearly, Nintendo is screwing with weapons.

Buckets are deadly. My go to weapons are Tantika Splatershot for Turf Wars and Splatershot Pro for 
ranked.