By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Neymar the most expensive player

Insane money, but it is all relative. I wonder how far that would go if you invested it into an academy and scouts to find the next great players.

I am curious about the knock on effect for Barcelona and who they try to replace him with.

Around the Network
Augen said:

I am curious about the knock on effect for Barcelona and who they try to replace him with.

The rumours I've seen are Coutinho and Dembele (the Dortmnd one).

Hmm, pie.

vivster said:
In before people complaining how someone that "just kicks a ball around" makes more in a day than a nurse in a year.

Well, here I am. Football players are massively overpaid.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Wouldn't 0.1% of 30m be just $30k? If so, that's not enough for a decade. xD

OP says $263 million, so 0.1% would be something like R$700k. I'd say that's easily enough for a decade and can last much longer if managed with careful thought and planning.

Ah, I see, I though it was about another figure. Well, 700k BRL is still not enough for a decade. More like enough for a year at best. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

mZuzek said:
BraLoD said:

It would take me 280 months of my salary to get 700K, more than 500 months for someone that gets paid the mininum wage.

700K in a decade (120 months) would average almost 6K a month, which is A LOT more than most people (like 70% or more) get paid over here.

700K would average almost 60K a month, it's what I would make with two full years in my current job.

700K is more than enough to any person with a small family live in decent conditions for a decade here.

...let alone a single person, which was my point.

Ah, guys, I think I didn't make myself clear... it's enough for living for sure, but not for living well. That's my point, but I guess I didn't express myself well. For example: a good pair of shirts, or a sweater, etc. can easily cost you 6k BRL, that's what I mean. 6K means a very modest life.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

How does the general public in Brazil feel about the high amounts of money Neymar is being offered?

mZuzek said:
HomokHarcos said:
How does the general public in Brazil feel about the high amounts of money Neymar is being offered?

I don't care. I mean, obviously I envy him since I'd be making a happy living with 1% (or less) of his wage, but really, I don't care and neither should I, or anyone else. It's his money, he got there by doing his job well and working in a very, very, very large business that pays equally large amounts of money. It's also worth noting such a large business is a lot harder to get to the top of - people who complain about athletes' wages don't really realize just how many thousands, or even millions of people are struggling to get there, or at least somewhere close.

Really, the amount of athletes who go all the way and end up getting paid insane wages like these, they're probably only like the top 1% (or less) of their job category. It's no different from any other profession, the only difference is the media attention.

That's one thing I like about sports. It does feel like a meritocracy, where the people who get paid the most are actually the best.

It is said though that the Campeonato Brasileiro (and many other leagues in South America and Eastern Europe) are getting weaker due to them all moving.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Ah, guys, I think I didn't make myself clear... it's enough for living for sure, but not for living well. That's my point, but I guess I didn't express myself well. For example: a good pair of shirts, or a sweater, etc. can easily cost you 6k BRL, that's what I mean. 6K means a very modest life.

Well I'm not sure what your standards are, but if I got 6k a year, I would be paying my own rent, taxes, living costs and all that kind of stuff and I'd still have plenty of money left to buy quite a few cool things (like, one whole Nintendo Switch) every month. I'm not sure what your definition of "good" shirts or sweater is, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay more than 200 on any of those, in fact most likely I'd settle for something half that price or even less.

I'm pretty sure I'd be "living well" under those conditions... hell if I got 3k a month I'd be happy already.

Wait.... how much is 6K in Us dllrs? 

mZuzek said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Wait.... how much is 6K in Us dllrs? 

About $2k.

Oh ok, is not that bad. Still 2k for a pair of shirts or sweaters is too much for me, or any "normal" human being. But you are telling me that 2K Us dlls a year would be enough to do all that you mentioned??

mZuzek said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Oh ok, is not that bad. Still 2k for a pair of shirts or sweaters is too much for me, or any "normal" human being. But you are telling me that 2K Us dlls a year would be enough to do all that you mentioned??

Nah, $2k a month. $2k a year would be pretty crappy, yeah

Oh ok, I was really surprise haha 2K a month is plenty over here too. People would love to have that kind of salary