By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Neymar the most expensive player

Oh my god why do people who kick balls get 30 million!?!?!?! Everyone who is a nurse should be paid that much! This world is corrupted because of people like nay-mar!

/s

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Insidb said:
Expensive how?

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo and Messi cost governments more...

Isn't Ronaldo's unpaid tax like £8m?

And this deal is apparently costing the Qatari government £450m including transfer, agents fees and wages so....

Qatar owns page? And why is it costing them so much? 

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

huh? France has 200% tax on wages?

palou said:

200% tax? Damn commies!

Math again. 30m is his net income. Now calculate again.

The phrasing "of his 30 mln" does somewhat imply that it is substracted from the 30mln, though...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Ka-pi96 said:
Luke888 said:

I can't wait for the Football bubble to pop, they can't just keep rising the prices at this rate, football player "prices" rise faster than inflation

With Chinese money flowing in to the sport now as well as the Arab money that's been around awhile now... the bubble may well be getting bigger rather than popping

Its depends whether the cash can be sustained, as you say with all the money from new regions supporting clubs through TV deals and sponsorship- it suggests it can be sustained.

mZuzek said:

Oh god, how can someone that just kicks a ball around make this much more in a day than a nurse does in a year? Outrageous stuff.

...no but seriously, these numbers are always depressing to look at. It's like, if I had 0.1% of that, I could live an easy and comfortable life for like, at least a decade, at most a lifetime (if the money was managed well). Instead, well, here I am.

Wouldn't 0.1% of 30m be just $30k? If so, that's not enough for a decade. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

As long as Barcelona do buy Coutinho and Liverpool in turn buy Van Djik, it's all good.

Hmm, pie.

BraLoD said:
Fucking finally, he was wasting his potential in Barcelona, should never have gone there, gladly he transfered while still young and will finally lead a strong team and not be the second guy even if in a stronger team.
Neymar needed it, I'm glad for him, time to give your all.

I know you're from Brazil and all that, but honestly I fail to see how going to PSG helps Neymar in anything. Sure, he's going to be the nº One player of the team, but given that the French League isn't very strong compared to the major leagues (Spain, German, Italy or England), his chances of being considered the best player of the world range from slim to none.

He'll get rich (or at least his father will), but he'll never reach the status of Messi or CR while in France.

Of course, that's my opinion as someone who doesn't know, or care, much about football.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wait so the Qatari government owns a French team that has the word Germian in they're name?

Yeah not a football fan XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

He is no Messi or Ronaldo. PSG made a terrible deal they will eventually regret.

BraLoD said:
JEMC said:

I know you're from Brazil and all that, but honestly I fail to see how going to PSG helps Neymar in anything. Sure, he's going to be the nº One player of the team, but given that the French League isn't very strong compared to the major leagues (Spain, German, Italy or England), his chances of being considered the best player of the world range from slim to none.

He'll get rich (or at least his father will), but he'll never reach the status of Messi or CR while in France.

Of course, that's my opinion as someone who doesn't know, or care, much about football.

The point is, even on a weaker team/league (while still a strong one) being the star of the team and not being it makes all the difference.

We would never be picked as best in the world playing in the same team as Messi because at best the attention and acomplishements get shared (usually is Messi's favor as he was already the star of the team before Neymar came and also the guy with the most wins as the best player. Unless Neymar won a World Cup with Brazil he would just never be picked as best player while sharing achievements with Messi. He did lead Brazil to win its first Olympics last year and still couldn't get above Messi.

While playing on PSG, Neymar being the leading force of the team gives him the chance to be the best, because the achievements will be given to him and weight for him. If he makes PSG win a champions league, he'll almost automatically be picked as the best player in the world for that year, that's all it is about, perceived achievements, not just how good you are at it, as he has been better than Messi for a good while already.

I wanted him to go to Bayern back in the day, btw.

PSG winning the Champions League would be a feat, with or without Neymar.

And i disagree with you about having more chances to win certain trophies being the nº 1 of a smaller team. Ibra, who's an excellent player, was PSG's nº 1 player for years and didn't even finish in the top 3 Balon d'Or list. I don't see how Neymar will be different than him unless he wins something with his national team (which would make him win the trophy no matter the team he's in) or the CL.

If Neymar wasn't nominated as the best player of 2016 wasn't because he was at Barça with Messi, but because CR won the UEFA Cup/EuroCup or whatever is called, plus the CL, making him the go to player.

Then again, those Balon d'Or or The Best trophies should supposedly go to the best players, not the ones whose teams have won more titles, so...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.