By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Monster Hunter XX Switch version is another test to evaluate our support for Switch

so Capcom is doing like this? USFII to get other SF ports? MHXX re-release on Switch to get MHW? RER 1+2 to get RE 7 port?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
OTBWY said:

And there are plenty of games where Sony did pay for exclusivity. Not just in Japan. The case however is Monster Hunter and the Japanese market, which is the biggest market for the franchise. Sony paid Capcom to keep their main competitor (Switch version) in Japan out.

And we also all know that Capcom was involved in the development of the Switch. So that suggests other reasoning. Besides, Monster Hunter World really doesn't look that graphically intensive, if the Xbox One can run it, a (somewhat lesser) port to the Switch can work.

Sure the leaker could have added more than what is actually true, but when the leaker in this case is so specific, and when evidence shows it after the reveal, I have very little reason to doubt it. Sony is a company that would to that, and so is Capcom as well.

I was in the process of arguing the same thing he did. I just didn't have to. No need to get nasty about it.

Yes there are plenty sure, most of them with public information on it. So sorry for me to not be jumping on believing something without evidence that you threw as certain fact.

If you had posted "Sony may have paid for MHW exclusivity in Japan" or "Sony may have blocked MHW from Switch" I wouldn't bother because yes anything is possible. But when you give certainty you need hard evidence, and still, one leaker isn't hard evidence, that is called rumor even if very possible real.

And I wasn't being nasty on you saying the guy explained or that you were going to explain the same at the same time, but that on all your prior posts you didn't said it.

It doesn't matter what semantics game we play, I already made clear that I'm fairly certain that that is what happened, because of what I have seen so far, and due to prior actions of said companies. That's all. Nothing more.

And yeah, it doesn't really matter what I said previously. If you wanted me to elaborate more previously, than maybe I should have but I didn't. Someone else made that case and I left it. No reason to go further on this.

Capcom has shown time and time again it is unable to make sound business decisions. They have been in a really bad financial position for many times. Unfortunately, Capcom is run by idiots; they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

These test games are of such low quality it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where consumers value Capcom games less than the premium content on the system. They are treating the Switch exactly like the Wii, completely oblivious of the handheld potential the Switch has.

I'd say I'm disappointed but I'm really not. They do still make quality games every now and then but it's a far cry from their golden years. Capcom is a second tier developer at best nowadays. Really miss the fantastic Capcom from back in the day.

SpokenTruth said:
So after test number 7, what can we expect? 1 game that isn't an old port?

test number 8.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Xen said:
DialgaMarine said:

To be fair, Nintendo is only big hardware company that has ever had this issue where even the most popular third party titles simply do not sell well, especially if those titles are offered on competitor platforms. It's become an established fact that the majority of people who buy Nintendo hardware only buy Nintendo software. Cant blame third parties when neither they nor Nintendo have any control over that. 

This is an over-generalization, I'd say.

Lots of third-party games underperform on PS/Xbox, most recently you can see Prey for example. There are well-selling third-party titles on Nintendo, but you are not entirely wrong, either: Nintendo home consoles surely have a problem even with genuinely good efforts, such as many on the Wii U - Tekken Tag 2, Assassin's Creed 4 for example, surely deserved to do a lot better.

Most recently on the Switch, the same Capcom had SF2 sell stupid numbers considering it was $40 and genuinely an old game. 

I never said every third party title is automatically successful on PS/ XB, but they do have a far better chance there than on Nintendo consoles. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

My thinks, capcom want port monster Hunter world on switch, it use framework engine like résident evil révélation.
But to do that, it's a big invest, so behin this déclaration capcom is Just say "if mhxx have good selling, mh world Will be port" this is logic.

fleischr said:
I think it may actually outsell Monster Hunter World

a port of an ehanced version of an enhanced version outselling a new game? doubt.... all of the doubt. But if it does happen I'll have one of the biggest laughs of my life.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

yes - come on Capcom... we bought the first one... this one was need it.... gives us more and exclusive!

Switch!!!

Chrizum said:

Capcom has shown time and time again it is unable to make sound business decisions. They have been in a really bad financial position for many times. Unfortunately, Capcom is run by idiots; they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

These test games are of such low quality it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where consumers value Capcom games less than the premium content on the system. They are treating the Switch exactly like the Wii, completely oblivious of the handheld potential the Switch has.

I'd say I'm disappointed but I'm really not. They do still make quality games every now and then but it's a far cry from their golden years. Capcom is a second tier developer at best nowadays. Really miss the fantastic Capcom from back in the day.

Me too.They were one of the best developers for several generations (from the NES all the way to the PS2), but since the PS3/360/Wii generation they have fallen far from grace...and not just Capcom.Look at how Konami and Square pale in comparison to their former selves.

SpokenTruth said:
Akeos said:
My thinks, capcom want port monster Hunter world on switch, it use framework engine like résident evil révélation.
But to do that, it's a big invest, so behin this déclaration capcom is Just say "if mhxx have good selling, mh world Will be port" this is logic.

So why not make a test on Xbox one and PS4 too? 

Monster Hunter Word is thinking for Europe and usa People,  creat on ps4 and xbox,  make a switch version demand 100 personnes / 1 year...  

If mhxx have good results, it's better,  capcom could invest more in a switch version. Capcom is looking at rent .