By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CGI-Quality said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Stock must have been extremely limited. 

It is. My GameStop, for example, had 8.

Yeah the gamestop closest to me only had 5 pre-orders and my buddy said that's the only shipment they are getting. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
newwil7l said:
I have a feeling Xbox One X will do a lot better than most people expect.

Same tbh. It's not going to reinvent the Xbox One sales but it will rejuvinate them and I think the sales will be fairly good

I agree, if only because I feel it has to. Xbox as a brand isn't that dead in the US or the UK and they have been getting absolutely devastated this year. MS has spent 14 months now hyping this thing, they need it much more than Sony needs the Pro, and are going to shift all their attention to it because of that. 

8 hours since the last update

HARDWARE:
#1 XB1X Scorpio Edition (-)
#21 NS Grey (down 8)
#46 NS Neon (down 2)
#53 XB1 with 4 digital games (up 6)
#57 PS4 Uncharted 4 (down 11)
#58 N3DS Galaxy Style (down 3)
#59 PS4 Pro (up 3)
#77 PS4 1TB (up 18)
#75 N2DS Black + Turquoise (down 3)
#92 NES classic (down 6)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)
#4 PS4 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (down 1)
 #5 PS4 Madden NFL 18  (down 1)
#7 XB1 Madden NFL 18 (up 3)
#10 PS4 Madden NFL 18 GOAT Edition (up 1)
#11 PS4 Madden NFL 18 GOAT Edition (down 1)
#11 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 5)*
#12 XB1 Madden NFL 18 GOAT Edition (up 2)
#14 NS Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (down 1)*
#15 NS Super Mario Oddysey (-)*
#16 PS4 Yakuza 6 Premium Edition (down 9)*
#25 XB1 Call of Duty: WWII (up 16)*
#48 3DS Pokémon Ultra Soon + Ultra Moon Steelbook  (down 4)*
#51 PS4 Destiny 2 (-)*
#55 PS4 Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook Edition (down 7)*
#61 XB1 Destiny 2 (up 10)*
#78 NS Pokken Tournament Dx (up 2)
#81 PS4 Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition (down 14)*
#97 XB1 Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition (re-entry)*

Does not affect this month: *

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS: 2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
2DS/3DS: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NES: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Awesome start for XB1X

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ariakon said:

I agree, if only because I feel it has to. Xbox as a brand isn't that dead in the US or the UK and they have been getting absolutely devastated this year. MS has spent 14 months now hyping this thing, they need it much more than Sony needs the Pro, and are going to shift all their attention to it because of that. 

Yes, MS is going to shift all of their attention to the One X by announcing bundles for the....One S!!!

#ADD

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
Ariakon said:

Yes, MS is going to shift all of their attention to the One X by announcing bundles for the....One S!!!

#ADD

I didn't say they were going to discontinue the One S, my man, I just mean that the bulk of their advertising and marketing is going to go towards the X, unlike Sony, which kept their marketing on the base machine. Of course the One S is going to get more bundles, especially for Black Friday, where it will probably sell for $199. 

hourly is pretty meaningless for new shit. best to keep an eye on the yearly sales.

PS4 Pro made itself comfortably into the top 100 sellers of the year before release (i think perhaps close to top 50 iirc), and people consider it to have been underwhelming. I don't think it's going to cover how abysmal sales have been this year if those leaks are true

celador said:
hourly is pretty meaningless for new shit. best to keep an eye on the yearly sales.

PS4 Pro made itself comfortably into the top 100 sellers of the year before release (i think perhaps close to top 50 iirc), and people consider it to have been underwhelming. I don't think it's going to cover how abysmal sales have been this year if those leaks are true

To be fair, the x is already on the yearly chart on Amazon UK. I don't think Amazon's as important a company in the UK(at least when it comes to electronics, where I heard it only commands about a 5 percent marketshare), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the X will top the monthly sales and be up in the yearly already on US Amazon as well. I have to admit, there was more initial demand for the system than I expected, whether that will translate to any sustained momentum remains to be seen. 

Ariakon said:
celador said:

To be fair, the x is already on the yearly chart on Amazon UK. I don't think Amazon's as important a company in the UK(at least when it comes to electronics, where I heard it only commands about a 5 percent marketshare), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the X will top the monthly sales and be up in the yearly already on US Amazon as well. I have to admit, there was more initial demand for the system than I expected, whether that will translate to any sustained momentum remains to be seen. 

allmost zero chance of it being on US yearly already

PS4 Pro went straight to #1 and took a couple of weeks being around the top 50 to ge there

celador said:
Ariakon said:

allmost zero chance of it being on US yearly already

PS4 Pro went straight to #1 and took a couple of weeks being around the top 50 to ge there

It might be, if the US Amazon stock was like the UK's. The Xbox One S 2tb made it into the yearly last year and it only ended up selling about 100k, so even if the limited edition X ends up selling 200-300k, which is very doable, I could see it hitting the yearly already.