By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Grand Finale! Poll #5!!!!! Best game ever made? Final winner declared!

What do you think is the best game ever made?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 96 20.13%

Super Metroid 28 5.87%

Final Fantasy VII 62 13.00%

Super Mario Galaxy 25 5.24%

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 21 4.40%

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 134 28.09%

The Last of Us 78 16.35%

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 33 6.92%

Total:477
niceguygameplayer said:

h2ohno said:
From that list, Super Mario Galaxy, though Breath of the Wild is pretty close. There is 1 Zelda game I'd rate higher than Galaxy, but that wasn't on the list.

Which one would that be?

Skyward Sword.  I feel it has the best controls, combat, dungeons, and characters in the series.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
Darashiva said:
Of the ones listed, either The Last of Us or Final Fantasy VII, followed by A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. Still, none of the games here are in my top 5, or even top 10 favourite games of all time.

Are you a fan of Legend of Dragoon too?! There is another guy that seems obsessed with it! What would your top 5 be? Some may be in the older polls.  

My current top 5 would be something like:

1. Final Fantasy IX

2. The Legend of Dragoon (Yes, I'm a huge fan of the game)

3. Freespace 2

4. Dark Souls (This was in the polls, and I voted for it)

5. Shadow of the Colossus or Valkyria Chronicles

The top 3 has stayed the same for about 16 years now.

This is how we know there are a lot of Nintendo fans on the site!

Dr.Vita said:

That's an awful poll, I am sorry but there is no other way to describe it...
And without being rude, the result shows how dumb a big part of the VGChartz community is imo. Of course Breath of the Wild got the most points because it's the most recent recent release of them.

How does the result show the community to be dumb, exactly?

The polls were flawed from the start because of the 10 item limit polls have, because the first one was made of favorites of the OP while the others were made up of user suggestions. It's just a fun series of threads, nobody will think this is the definitive answer to the question "What is the best game ever made?".

As for the community, you should check out the result threads for the Top 50 we do every year and you'll see recent games don't top it so we're not that biased by a game being new.

Signature goes here!

Winner finally declared guys!

Around the Network

Pretty sad in my opinion, but it was more for the site than for me.

Metal gear solid is the greatest game. Revolutionary in several ways. Zelda botw is one of the best, but it is influenced from other games, plus the boss fights weren't that challenging. Demon souls and the original Dmc are top 5.

If I make another poll, Metal Gear will be in just for you!

Thank you everybody for participating and making these polls a smash hit!

Not surprised by the winner. I wish I could play Zelda Breath of the Wild but the Switch and the game are so incredibly overpriced in my country.