By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Grand Finale! Poll #5!!!!! Best game ever made? Final winner declared!

What do you think is the best game ever made?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 96 20.13%

Super Metroid 28 5.87%

Final Fantasy VII 62 13.00%

Super Mario Galaxy 25 5.24%

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 21 4.40%

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 134 28.09%

The Last of Us 78 16.35%

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 33 6.92%

Total:477

This group is sad lol. Not GTA V and 5 Nintendo games. So shocking here lmao

Around the Network

Qwark said:
The lack of the Witcher 3 and the presence of Skyrim is sad. CD project > Bugthesda every day. Especially since Skyrim was pretty boring and the gameplay was bad.

The Witcher 3 was in the polls. But it lost. 

I know it was I just thought VGchartz would have a more diverse gaming taste. But ut seems to me that this list is actually as fanboyish as it can be. On the other hand if anyone ever complaints about a lack of new IP's I can conviently refer to this page and tell them that the majority of VG chartZ only wants Zelda. Purely out of curiosity what was stopping you from including more Zelda's in the first four polls :p.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Nogamez said:
Don't forget though that site is very Nintendo/Zelda fan heavy. Not sure why that is.

Yeah, it's vlike every Nintendo fan on earth gravitates here, lol!

Nogamez said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't even think that's bad necessarily, but 3 fucking Zelda games! And the mediocrity known as Super Mario Galaxy, blegh.

The lack of Dark Souls, Halo, Banjo Kazooie, Doom, and Dorito's Crash Course practically disqualifies this list 

Dude, I think you need to realise that your list is totally niche, not many people regard Doom or banjo or DS as the best games ever I mean c'mon what are you smoking? Just go to Metacritic top rated games to get an idea, you will find alot of Zelda, FF, and GTA I would imagine.

I pretty much agree. His list is pretty niche. I'm not even a Nintendo fan, but him saying blegh to Super Mario Galaxy, which is very liked and highly rated, nearly disqualifies his opinions. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nogamez said:

But we polled 40 games which is pretty diverse

Right, which is why I said he shouldn't have included 3 Zelda games ... I mean at least try to add some more 3rd parties, most of thes are Nintendo. 

I added plenty of 3rd parties. I had 2 Call of Duty games, The Witcher, Steet Fighter, Assassin's Creed, Sonic the Hedgehog, Grand Theft Auto, Streets of Rage, Dark Souls, and The Elder Scrolls. Remember, Sega is 3rd party now. 

Non-Nintendo games that could have made the list:

Chrono Trigger
Soul Caliber
Half-Life 1+2
Mass Effect 2
Baldurs Gate 2
Portal 2
StarCraft
Warcraft 3
World of WarCraft
Witcher 3
Bioshock
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 3
Final Fantasy 6

lol this thread. that's all i got to say, but hey finally a thread that repects skyrim. all my friends love the bash the hell out of it....which to be fair in some ways they are right...but will compare to morrowind which is my favorite too, but honestly i'm an fps fanboy so the modern animations mean a lot more to me than them.but it's still one of my favorite games of the last ?seven? years...  Hopefully we get more voice actors and less bugs for TESVI. 

Despite being mostly a console player I am still a graphics/art style whore so for that reason I could never put BoTW in this conversation. I find the color pallet too boring.

Around the Network

Considering there's only one game on the list I've invested a significant amount of time in, the choice is easy. I'd rather not have voted, but there was no 'See results' option, so...

In other news, I need to play more games. I need more time.

I voted for Breath of the Wild. I want to live in that world.

Also, is someone really hating on Mario Galaxy? To quote Reggie: What's wrong with you?

Also Last of us best game ever made? Not with that AI (imo).

Ocarina of Time!

Breath of the Wild shouldn't be considered for best game of all time.

1doesnotsimply

why bother with a poll, we all know how the majority of this forum is going to vote.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5