By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogame steals

I was at a book store, and to my surprise they had a video game section. I managed to get a limited edition version of Forza 5 for only $15 in good condition. 

I'm pretty excited about it, but I wanted to hear about other people and their great purchases 

Around the Network

I got Xenoblade Chronicles on 3ds for 40$! Steal!

I got Chrono Trigger DS, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda : Minish Cap, Castlevania DS, Megaman Zero Collection, two copies of The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass, Brainage, a DS, a 3DS, and Gameboy Advance SP for free! Although I already have a 3ds so 

I got plenty of games for a steal at theyarbay

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hmm,I've never really hit the jackpot, but my uncle has. I did get Snatcher for free once, along with a Sega CD and 6 other games, but the Sega CD didn't work, so I just gave the console and games to my uncle ;-P

Actually, thinking about it, I'd really like a retro gaming thread here. I'm already tied up with 3 threads myself, but if someone else is interested in doing it I'd definitely love to participate in it!

Around the Network

I did manage to buy DOOM during launch day for 27 euros because of a weird ( and incorrectly placed) promotion at my local store. The promotions should have been for high-end gaming accesories (like chairs, and them fancy 300$ headphones) but somehow they got mixed up and the 55% price promotion was set for the PS4/Xone version of DOOM.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

BraLoD said:
Yeah you were stolen, I'm sorry.

:( 

Bristow9091 said:
When I went to buy The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition which was on sale at Christmas, it said £19.00 on the shelf, yet at the checkout it scanned at £9.00... I said nothing.

This is also the same store where me and my girlfriend bought our Switches, should have been £280, but they had an offer on, get £20 off electronics when you spend so much, and the Switch on its own qualified for the offer, which instantly knocked it down to £260... but then again at the checkout, it scanned at £160. I wasn't planning on buying one that day, just tagged along with my girlfriend to go buy hers, but when I saw it was almost half price, I bought myself one too lol.

They seem to have a lot of problems when it comes to pricing it seems, lol

A Switch for 160!? I'd be going nuts if I saw that

Bristow9091 said:
monocle_layton said:

A Switch for 160!? I'd be going nuts if I saw that

Oh yeah, it turned me from a "Wait until Christmas at earliest, see if there's any deals or bundles", to "ERMAHGERD INSTABUY!" when I saw the price on the till when my girlfriend paid for hers, so I "calmly" walked back and picked one up for myself, lol :P 

You should be ashamed. That's probably illegal : P 

Does Steam sales counted?

My cheapest non Steam sales purchases would be Soul Sacrifice Delta for around 10 buck

A handheld gamer only (for now).