By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are You Good at Your Job?

Tagged games:

How good are you at your job?

I'm one of the best in the world? 24 15.29%

Very good. Best in my com... 36 22.93%

Good enough. 71 45.22%

Mediocre or Barely qualified. 14 8.92%

So bad. Surprised I have not been fired yet. 12 7.64%

Total:157

I make videos for a living, and now I also do CGIs.

I'm good enough, but I am always trying to do better. But I'll never be truly satisfied.

Around the Network

Based solely on the fact that there are less than 80 people on the planet trained to do my specific job (custom developed software administrator) I guess that qualifies me as one of the best in the world at it?

I own and operate a small residential remodeling company. I think I'm very good at many aspects of my job. There are several areas where I would like to improve though - such as designing and implementing systems to ensure that each of my employees are doing things the same way, and managing people. Of course, I'm getting better at all of it everyday.

I'm a VR tech influencer and I suck at it. I don't even get paid for it.

Most of the times, I'm the cook at a fast food restaurant. I'm the guy who cuts the chicken, processes the chicken to be cut the next day, prepares and fries the chicken, and does cleaning up duty. Now more than ever, I'm on cleaning duty.

I despise cutting the chicken as I'm in a hellish numbing cold for most of the morning. I don't consider myself being good at it, as my cuts are sub-par and I take too long. I would consider myself alright cooking the chicken, despite being slow during peak hours. I excel at cleaning duty and it's the part I really like doing, even if it seems degrading for other people. Even still, I don't consider myself being the best at it.

Around the Network

Nurse, I'm the best.

Mr_No said:
Most of the times, I'm the cook at a fast food restaurant. I'm the guy who cuts the chicken, processes the chicken to be cut the next day, prepares and fries the chicken, and does cleaning up duty. Now more than ever, I'm on cleaning duty.

I despise cutting the chicken as I'm in a hellish numbing cold for most of the morning. I don't consider myself being good at it, as my cuts are sub-par and I take too long. I would consider myself alright cooking the chicken, despite being slow during peak hours. I excel at cleaning duty and it's the part I really like doing, even if it seems degrading for other people. Even still, I don't consider myself being the best at it.

hey!

I love Puerto Rico :3

High school math and English teacher... sometimes I'm really good, sometimes I suck. Depends on the day.

I dropped out of High School so I suppose not

Network admin in a fairly big company. I'd say I'm pretty good or else I wouldn't have so easily landed that job. I think in my current capacity I'm certainly one of the best as I'm definitely overqualified for what I do. The thing is I don't really need a better job.

The only thing that's above my current position as a simple admin is CIO/CTO or at least team management but I really don't want to be that. I love networks and I love being close to the metal and doing actual configurations and being creative and troubleshooting stuff. Every position above my position would ensue more management and I just don't want that, no matter how much it pays. Would I be a good leader or project manager? Hell yeah I would be, but I just don't want to. I could also be a consultant but that's pretty exhausting for me with all the traveling and talking to people.

I'm probably gonna stay a simple technician my whole life unless circumstances force me into management or consulting.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.