By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ prices increasing in some regions on August 31st

Hiku said:
Teeqoz said:

Bruh the tax isn't Sony's fault. What Sony is charging is less in Sweden, than in the US, but Sweden's tax makes the price higher. I'm sure you understand this lol

Bruh, why is this now about whose fault this is? You pay less in the US if you make a PSN in certain states. That was the point.
Whose fault it is doesn't affect my wallet.

You made it out like Sony are price-gouging Swedish subscribers by charging a higher price than they do from US subscribers. But that's a false premise as the difference in price is due to Sweden's tax.  Of course it will be cheaper if you don't have to pay tax.

If you do indeed live in Australia, how does the price of PS+ in Sweden affect your wallet anyway?

Around the Network

They already did the US earlier this year unless they plan to do it again then I will cancel it.

All the sudden the Nintendo's online service sounds like a real bargain.

Vor said:
Is it just Europe and Australia? If so, thank goodness. Here in Asia PS+ price is like half of the US one

your turn will come soon. equilibrium beckons

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Quite a bad management for Sony,this gen was the worst of all their consoles. Still sadly they have no competition after all in the consoles market.

Around the Network

Well isn't some countries are getting away with paying half compared to North America?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mar1217 said:
SvennoJ said:

2.6% inflation rate is 19.7% over 7 years, 22.8% over 8 years, 26% over 9 years. It adds up.

In Canada it went up by 40% last year from CAD 49.99 to CAD 69.99, thanks to the Canadian dollar dropping 20% in value as well. It felt like a bargain to top up at the old price in a recent sale. Heck Dell already sells it at CAD 74.99 here...

Don't you mean Bell ?

Nope, Google came up with that, Dell part A9370319. Seems Dell ships the physical card.
You can still get the CAD 49.99 one online http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/1-Year-PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Prepaid-Card-Canada/

I can't check the psn store anymore from my laptop

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://store.playstation.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.e92bf648.1501467279.6cd65e4d

Maybe when Sony earns some more from subscriptions they can fix their fucking store. It's been like this for a week now. I can access the British one from my laptop :/ Until I click on download, access denied again. I can access my account and purchase history just fine, can't shop from my laptop though.

This is actually a very good thing in many ways no initially obvious. Anyway, if Sony wants to get away with it, this is the right region.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

that moment when you realize that you can buy an extra game per year on the switch with the same money as a PSN subscription

TheBraveGallade said:
that moment when you realize that you can buy an extra game per year on the switch with the same money as a PSN subscription

Yeah, but then you have to play that game on the Switch. Sounds like a terrible deal to me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.