By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ prices increasing in some regions on August 31st

Seems a bit much. I'm paid up until January 2019 but still, I'll lookout for a code before then to top it up again if need be.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

When the PS4 released in 2013, PS+ was the following prices in the UK:

1 month - £5.49
3 months - £11.99
12 months - £39.99

In 2015, Sony increased the prices of both the 1 month and 3 month packages to:

1 month - £5.99
3 months - £14.99

Yet the 12 month package stayed the same.

Now, 2 years later, they are putting up the prices of all 3 packages to:

1 month - £6.99
3 months - £19.99
12 months - £49.99

The 12 month package has always been the best deal, yet there are users that can't afford to pay the full amount up front, so they will get stung. All in all PS+ is decent value, if you get the 12 month package, but we are now getting to a stage where we realistically should start seeing less PS3 and Vita games and more PS4 games, it would also be nice to see movies and PSNow games being included.

I would like to see an online only version of PS+ (ie without the games), as for me, I hardly download or play any of the free games....I just need online for games. But doubt that will happen now.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:
When the PS4 released in 2013, PS+ was the following prices in the UK:

1 month - £5.49
3 months - £11.99
12 months - £39.99

In 2015, Sony increased the prices of both the 1 month and 3 month packages to:

1 month - £5.99
3 months - £14.99

Yet the 12 month package stayed the same.

Now, 2 years later, they are putting up the prices of all 3 packages to:

1 month - £6.99
3 months - £19.99
12 months - £49.99

The 12 month package has always been the best deal, yet there are users that can't afford to pay the full amount up front, so they will get stung. All in all PS+ is decent value, if you get the 12 month package, but we are now getting to a stage where we realistically should start seeing less PS3 and Vita games and more PS4 games, it would also be nice to see movies and PSNow games being included.

I would like to see an online only version of PS+ (ie without the games), as for me, I hardly download or play any of the free games....I just need online for games. But doubt that will happen now.

I doubt we will ever get an online only version. Throwing in more games and services is perfect for justifying the high price. Also selling just the online part would make them force to admit that a once free service suddenly costs money without any added benefits for no reason.

Amazon did the same shit with prime. I mean why offer a cheap service when you can make a bundle of services and make everyone pay for all services no matter if they need them or not? Also the same with shady cable providers. Instead of offering single channels they offer bundles to increase the price.

And thanks to no competition in the console market and moronic fanboys defending this shit nothing will ever change and CEOs will continue to laugh and laugh and laugh.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Ganoncrotch said:

while you might love consoles and bashing them, it would make more sense to actually find out why that's happening since this isn't the way people get those tiny patches, takes less than a minute on my line to update the ps4 firmware so you must have an issue in how you are connecting to the service, could suggest running tracert to the Sony server in your area and see if you're isp is at fault on this?

But if you want to just sit and think that everyone waits 2 hours for 300mb on their ps4... I mean, I guess I can see the fun in that.

Really? Shifting the blame on the user when it's known that the servers are shit and have been since the PS3 era? Sorry, but that joke isn't funny and even less for an IT network professional.

Yeah it's probably because my ISP is a Sony hater and a PC fanboy because for some reason Steam and every single application on Windows uses the full 50MBit/s.

If Sony is unable to provide enough servers in central Europe for the biggest City in Germany, that makes it even worse. Though I think it's more likely that they're throttling the speed for older software to save even more money.

Funny stuff, I chuckled.

Wanna definitely just sit there and think I'm a Sony apologist if that would make you happier than finding out why you're getting 150MB per hour, that's not the norm, simple as that, if you rather think thats Sony's fault and the speed that everyone downloads their40-60GB games from the PSN store, that's just great but you know that would make a game like The Witcher 3 take 16days to download right, you must know that isn't the norm people get?

Fuck it btw I honestly don't care if you do or not though, I'm not attempting to shift blame to anyone and I can't be bothered dealing with angst for posts which I'm trying to be helpful with, if you rather blame some other factor I'm grand with that. Not replying to this post again.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

vivster said:
Ruler said:

https://psnprofiles.com/kaninch0n

isnt that your profile you linked in your vgaccount? It still has plus

Well, I tried to check but apparently it's impossible to check that status without turning on my PS4. So I did that but I cannot see my account details because I have to download an update first for some reason. And that is gonna take over an hour thanks to Sony's incredible servers that they paid for with PS Plus money.

God, I love consoles.

edit: 40 minutes later it managed to download almost 160MB of the 340MB. Only 50min to go now :)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/home/main

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Lawlight said:

That makes no sense - PS+ is not a division or subdivision.

Very well the inclusion of paid online (PS+ on PS4 basically) is very profitable for Sony. It might be the best business idea Sony stole in decades. It's not very consumer friendly but since they buy plenty of PS4's and subscribe a plenty they don't seem to mind all that much to pay for inferior online compared to pc. 

I'd say the online is much better than pc where cheating is rampant.

vivster said:
Ganoncrotch said:

while you might love consoles and bashing them, it would make more sense to actually find out why that's happening since this isn't the way people get those tiny patches, takes less than a minute on my line to update the ps4 firmware so you must have an issue in how you are connecting to the service, could suggest running tracert to the Sony server in your area and see if you're isp is at fault on this?

But if you want to just sit and think that everyone waits 2 hours for 300mb on their ps4... I mean, I guess I can see the fun in that.

Really? Shifting the blame on the user when it's known that the servers are shit and have been since the PS3 era? Sorry, but that joke isn't funny and even less for an IT network professional.

Yeah it's probably because my ISP is a Sony hater and a PC fanboy because for some reason Steam and every single application on Windows uses the full 50MBit/s.

If Sony is unable to provide enough servers in central Europe for the biggest City in Germany, that makes it even worse. Though I think it's more likely that they're throttling the speed for older software to save even more money.

Talk to your ISP about why your internet is so slow.