By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I upgrade to the Pro?

Buy a Pro?

Yes 110 52.13%

No 73 34.60%

Results 28 13.27%

Total:211

Yup. The games will look better than the base PS4.

Around the Network

If you have to ask then definitely no.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TorterraBoy said:
Pro barely does anything more than the 4, cant run some games in decent framerates or run some games at its promised upscaled 4k, just saying. getting ps4 is saving money

Can you find me any game that was promissed on 4k by Sony that wasn't delivered? Or how many games run worse on Pro than vanilla?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sounds like something you would not have to worry about with a Switch, lol.

But I would say no. You'll find that when you come home to visit that you are not going to end up playing video games really. So it's not worth spending $400 some dollars for the ease of playing a few hours every couple months at your parents.

Edit: Also your moving. Trust me moving of any kind is going to include a bunch of new expenses. Best to wait a few months in getting settled in before spending money on unneeded luxuries.

yes you have a 4K tv, its no brainer

Around the Network
TorterraBoy said:
Pro barely does anything more than the 4, cant run some games in decent framerates or run some games at its promised upscaled 4k, just saying. getting ps4 is saving money

What are Nier Automata, Last Guradian or the boost mode for every game then? And i donts see how 1080p will look better than 1440p-1800p on his 4k TV?

I think you would be better off putting your current PS4 in a carry on (if you are flying) and taking it with you. Unless you have very limited space or what you can bring with you. If that's the case then you would have the same problem coming back with a new PS4 pro.

Captain_Yuri said:

I had a ps4 pro when it launched. Eventually sold it and got a slim bundle that had a really good discount instead. The difference from a regular ps4 to the pro was pretty meh to me since there isn't much standardization as to what you will get and it is heavily left to the devs as far as effort goes. Most, at least from what I can tell, just do the basics and call it a day. So your milage will vary.

You sold it before the boost mode was accounced 

I got a pro on day one and a 4k tv. I kept my original PS4 (on a 1080p TV). I buy most of my games digitally and I jump between both often but, to be honest, I don't even notice the difference 90% of the time. Even HDR. Sometimes I think it's off when it's on. Sometimes I think it's on when it's off. It's more psychological than anything. The idea that I'm missing out by not having a Pro--but really, it's negligible.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

d21lewis said:
I got a pro on day one and a 4k tv. I kept my original PS4 (on a 1080p TV). I buy most of my games digitally and I jump between both often but, to be honest, I don't even notice the difference 90% of the time. Even HDR. Sometimes I think it's off when it's on. Sometimes I think it's on when it's off. It's more psychological than anything. The idea that I'm missing out by not having a Pro--but really, it's negligible.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Are you taking advantage of the BOOST!!!!!

The trick is to yell it out loud like Issei