By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a Switch yesterday, now heres my thought on it

Flilix said:
Me said:

sounds like a good reason to get BOTW instead

I've already bought it for Wii U.

fair enough, then mario & Rabbids will be out soon as well as Mario Odyessey and i'm actually really hyped for skyrm

Around the Network

Yeah, the biggest shock to me was the size of the Joycons, they seem way too small for me. So, I pretty much only use the Pro Controller.

Have you tried Salmon run yet in Splatoon 2, it's really fun, like a zombie mode. Also single player is as good as the first single player.

Ninty should drop the charging grip and the straps and sell the switch for 275.
Well when they actually have stock of course

TheBraveGallade said:
Ninty should drop the charging grip and the straps and sell the switch for 275.
Well when they actually have stock of course

the base console doesnt include the charging grip, just a regular one

Around the Network

Instead of buying a charging grip, buy an extra set of joycons and swap them whenever you need to.

Split controllers > Pro controller/grip
Split controllers + tabletop mode > handheld mode

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Instead of buying a charging grip, buy an extra set of joycons and swap them whenever you need to.

Split controllers > Pro controller/grip
Split controllers + tabletop mode > handheld mode

the bundle was $550 once shipping and handling got added in. needless to say im done spending money for a bit. whati have now will surfice

Nogamez said:

Yep I tried the Joycon in the shop as I collected it on day one and was like nope, I'm getting a pro controller. Now I use either, used to both, they both fine. Oh and the joycon batteries last for ages, I simply dock them when finished, never had them even close to running out whilst playing a game unlike a certain  other controller I could name

wait what other controller?  WiiU?

I am Iron Man

Yup, the switch is super close to being the perfect hybrid console. And Splatoon 2 is super close to being a 9/10 game. But Nintendo insists on taking one step forward and two steps backwards with almost everything.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Ouya has the worst controller I've ever used in my life.

Anyway, I mostly agree with you. My Joycons have never even come close to dying (I put them on the console/charger every night). Not even halfway, I'd wager. My pro controller (that I got at the end of April, I think) has only died once and that was after weeks of not charging it. I couldn't even find the charging cable when it died. It had been that long! It was tangled in my PSVR HDMI cables, btw.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. The more you play, the more you'll like it. It's a charming piece of tech.