By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a Switch yesterday, now heres my thought on it

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nogamez said:

Yep I tried the Joycon in the shop as I collected it on day one and was like nope, I'm getting a pro controller. Now I use either, used to both, they both fine. Oh and the joycon batteries last for ages, I simply dock them when finished, never had them even close to running out whilst playing a game unlike a certain  other controller I could name

wait what other controller?  WiiU?

Wii u? No that bad boy lasted for ever, as does pro controller 2, No I was referring to the Dual Shock 4.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Wii u? No that bad boy lasted for ever, as does pro controller 2, No I was referring to the Dual Shock 4.

what?  This is like the exact opposite of my experience with everything except the pro controller

I am Iron Man

Yerm its ok you will get used to splatoon 2 new jump button b,i had the same issue when starting to play splatoon 2 where I kept pressing x but now i got used to it

Nogamez said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Gamepad has like a 3 hour battery life...

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nogamez said:

what?  This is like the exact opposite of my experience with everything except the pro controller

I think he means the Wii U Pro Controller, which lasted 80 hours on a charge.  And the Dual Shock 4 is not very good in the battery life department.  8 to 10 hours with the LED brightness dialed back.  Significantly less in other cases.  Better than the Wii U Gamepad, worse than every other controller on the market.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Nogamez said:

Gamepad has like a 3 hour battery life...

I'm talking about PRO controllers here.........

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Nogamez said:

I think your Pro is broke then lol mine both last ages as in like charge them 3 times a year or something. My dual shock needs charging every over day

Can't wait to relive my package opening experience once they release the first good game in October.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nogamez said:

The DS4 is the worst controller of this generation by a mile, because of the battery life and the ridiculous light that cannot be turned off.  Even with the brightness all the way own, that damn light still bothers me.  I hope a DS5 is coming soon.....

I love the feel of the controller but damn that battery life