By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 28 PS4 Games For August 2017... and a few others.

Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:

You're sure Pillars plays better with a controller? LOL

You'Re probably sure too you write better with your feet instead with the hands.

Yes, I am sure. Just like you are sure it is better with a keyword and mouse.

Btw, what's coming out on PC in August?

Dunno, too much too keep track of. You may see some of it in the future on PS, as now with Skylines, Pillars and Thimbleweed Park.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Games like PoE, Diablo, Grim Dawn etc, all play better with the K+M due to the layout and general design of the game. A racing game is designed better for use with a steering and pedal setup, RTS and ARPG's play better with M+K, Platformers and action/hack n' slash with the gamepad.

Exactly, each game has well matching input methods. For instance I wouldn't like to play a fighter with the keyboard. Possible sure, but not as much fun as with a keypad.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Thanks for this thread! So many amazing games!
And the best thing is: the biggest Games-flood is now - until the end of 2018 on one console, the PlayStation 4.

In august.. Yakuza Kiwami and Uncharted The Lost Legacy - two Masterpieces !!
A dream for all Singleplayer-and Storyfans, the quality is high/strong : )

I believe LawBreakers Open Beta is... open on PS4 now.

Great PC games on that list now ported to PS4:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PC release 2016, Metascore 85)
Thimbleweed Park (PC release 2017, Meta 84)
Pillars of Eternity (PC release 2015, Meta 89)
Cities Skylines (PC release 2015, Meta 85)
Undertale (PC release 2015, Meta 92)

Plus, for Myst fans:
Obduction (PC release 2016, Meta 76)

Out of those I've played Pillars, Cities, Thimbleweed and Undertale and loved them all.

Owners of the PC versions acc. to Steamspy: Pillars 980.000, Cities 3.7 million, Undertale 2.7 million.

Thimbleweed Park and Obduction belong to a once popular PC genre only some 10.000 people care about these days. Both will sell not much more than 100.000 copies on PC, but TP creator Ron "Monkey Island" Gilbert can be happy anyway (although he calls himself crumpygamer on Twitter). I did expect Obduction to sell much better on PC though, it's made by Cyan after all, creators of multi-million seller Myst.

Shadow Tactics seems to be the overlooked PC gem here, "only" 150.000 PC players own it acc. to Steamspy despite very good reviews. I ignored it too, I think it's time for me to get the PC version.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Mnementh said:

You're sure Pillars plays better with a controller? LOL

You'Re probably sure too you write better with your feet instead with the hands.

>PC game plays better on console with a gamepad

>PC has crappy games

>PC has indies, but all of them are crap

Not even I try that hard to conveying a warped opinion like that.

Games like PoE, Diablo, Grim Dawn etc, all play better with the K+M due to the layout and general design of the game. A racing game is designed better for use with a steering and pedal setup, RTS and ARPG's play better with M+K, Platformers and action/hack n' slash with the gamepad.

who said that?

okr said:

Great PC games on that list now ported to PS4:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PC release 2016, Metascore 85)
Thimbleweed Park (PC release 2017, Meta 84)
Pillars of Eternity (PC release 2015, Meta 89)
Cities Skylines (PC release 2015, Meta 85)
Undertale (PC release 2015, Meta 92)

Plus, for Myst fans:
Obduction (PC release 2016, Meta 76)

Out of those I've played Pillars, Cities, Thimbleweed and Undertale and loved them all.

Usually its the otherway around.... console games get ported to PC.

Nice to see it also work from PC->Console.

"Pillars of Eternity", "Cities Skylines" & "Undertale" are all amasing games.

Highly recommendable, if people are out there looking for something to play.

JRPGfan said:

Usually its the otherway around.... console games get ported to PC.

Nice to see it also work from PC->Console.

"Pillars of Eternity", "Cities Skylines" & "Undertale" are all amasing games.

Highly recommendable, if people are out there looking for something to play.

It's always happened.

Command and Conquer, Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, StarCraft, Diablo, Morrowind, Crysis, Deus Ex, Half Life, Counterstrike, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Minecraft, Medal of Honor and so much moar! ... All started life on the PC.

Sprash said:

who said that?

Those are just some of the most common arguments console gamers use against PC gamers.

Oh and... "PC is dieing".

In all honesty, glad that Cities Skyline and Pillars of Eternity is being exposed to more gamers, they are truly great games that are worth a play regardless of gaming platform.

Especially Cities Skyline, they really showed the creators of Sim City how to make a proper City-building Sim... It is so stupidly easy to waste a whole day playing it. (True story) - Does the console version get mod support though?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

"In all honesty, glad that Cities Skyline and Pillars of Eternity is being exposed to more gamers, they are truly great games that are worth a play regardless of gaming platform. Especially Cities Skyline, they really showed the creators of Sim City how to make a proper City-building Sim" - Permalite.

Agreed, and right after the always online for no reason SimCity too, that was buggy as hell as well.
I always loved Sim City, but theres just no defending it anymore.

Cities Skyline is a much better "sim city" game, than the latest sim city.

Transport Tycoon delux released back in 1994... and I still occasionally play it lol.
Theres a open source version of the game here : https://www.openttd.org/en/

Now all we need is a more modern Zoo Tycoon and Theme Park World sequel.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"