By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales (Week ending 7/22/2017)

ahh, the usual "UK has bad taste" bullshit is back

Persona 5 got to #1 in the UK, did it not? Perhaps stop finding excuses for why your favourite game doesn't get to #1

Around the Network

So the UK has bad taste because splatoon isn't number 1😂😂😂😂. Great for crash. GTA V is simply amazing

pastro243 said:
Crash is amazing, still 1st after splatoon released, even if the uk isn't a good market for nintendo
Kyuu said:
Splatoon 2's opening couldn't beat a remaster's third week. Hardly impressive.

Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, did Crash get a big boost or did Splatoon kinda flop? :O

bananaking21 said:
splatoon bomba? i know install base is low, but crash is in its 3rd week. it should have beat that.

This is the answer:

Green098 said:

Well this is the UK and it's 4.5 million PS4's vs 200k Switch's right now.

Plus Crash is pretty considerably cheaper here than Splatoon 2 and a more well known and bigger IP. The original Splatoon only sold 177K in the UK at retail over 2 and a half years, it's ok but even just the NS version of Botw is close to outselling that in just a few months.

Also this is offical:  "Splatoon 2’ outperforms the original becoming the 3rd biggest ever Switch launch, behind Zelda and Mario".

Crash still #1? it really surprised me.

Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, did Crash get a big boost or did Splatoon kinda flop? :O

I believe Crash got more stock after running out in its second week. This was shown with third party sellers selling it at >£40 on Amazon UK, and because of that i imagine it got a boost. Doesn't mean Splatoon 2 did badly though.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

Good debut for Splatoon 2 ("Splatoon 2’ outperforms the original becoming the 3rd biggest ever Switch launch, behind Zelda and Mario").

Also it's interesting that MK8D went to number 4. from 12. and Zelda BotW to number 7. from 15. It seems that Switch had bigger stocks this week in UK.

Rem87919394 said:
So the UK has bad taste because splatoon isn't number 1😂😂😂😂. Great for crash. GTA V is simply amazin

lol

So Splatoon 2 outsells the original in the UK with a severely lower install base?

I think we can end the "flop" comments here, especially considering not selling really well in the UK (which we don't even know is the case for Splatoon 2, if anything the opposite since it's selling at a faster pace with a smaller install base) isn't going to really even going to affect Splatoon 2 world wide sales much in anyway, cause if it did the original wouldn't of almost sold 5 million on the Wii U.

Edit: Or state what you want you have the right to determine a success for yourself, it might not of done great but better is enough more me.

Wow, Crash's 3rd week better then Splatoon's 1st.

Incredible performance.

Green098 said:
So Splatoon 2 outsells the original in the UK with a severely lower install base?

I think we can end the "flop" comments here, especially considering not selling really well in the UK (which we don't even know is the case for Splatoon 2, if anything the opposite since it's selling at a faster pace with a smaller install base) isn't going to really even going to affect Splatoon 2 world wide sales much in anyway, cause if it did the original wouldn't of almost sold 5 million on the Wii U.

When something like this happens, it's just best to leave it. If you state the facts and nothing else, it's their prerogative to make themselves look like idiots by ignoring them. The numbers will speak for themselves.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi