By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump tells why he prefers rich people

Trump is annoying and unprofessional as US President. Instead of wasting time and stealing oxygen by posting on social media he should be working harder as President.

Around the Network

Well you wouldn't make a pacifist your secretary of defense either? On the other hand he let a businessman that hates the EPA rule the EPA so maybe it doesn't make as much sense. But I would rather employ a succesfull businesman as secreatary of financiëls than someone without a succesfull career in either economics or running a high profile company.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

aLkaLiNE said:

You probably aren't the best person to talk about how things should work in America either.

Possibly. On the flip side... It does afford me a different perspective, so I could be THE best person to talk to.

aLkaLiNE said:

Minimum wage is set by the state which is based and set by the economy for that state. Hardly any state has a $7 per hour minim wage.

This I was aware of, I didn't see the point in elaborating upon my statement to include every single variation and nuance, unless of course I have a desire to waste an inordinate amount of time.

aLkaLiNE said:

Also, if someone is smart enough and finds themselves qualified enough to make major decisions for the rest of the country, you can bet your ass that they would not find themselves in the position of "I make $7 per hour and am a parent who survives" because that wouldn't really be possible here without government aid.

I provided what is commonly referred to as an "example". - And they can be a little bit extreme to hammer a point home, I apologise if it was a little to outlandish for you, but it was what it was, that's life.

And the point I was attempting to convey was the fact that someones earnings isn't a reflection of how good they are with money.

aLkaLiNE said:

That's definitely just not a survivable wage here or anywhere across the rest of the country. You're talking someone that works at McDonald's. Those are not the kind of people that can direct our economy, that's just the reality of the situation and your hypothetical scenario is completely moot here.

The wage isn't important. That is my entire point.

aLkaLiNE said:

Should someone be judged solely based on merit or their career work? YES. Is that person gonna find themselves working at a gas station trying to feed a family? That's a really massive stretch.

They will have put themselves through college/university to even be considered. I just don't see where someone capable of long reaching decisions that potentially influence other countries internal economic decisions would "settle" for a minimum wage job after they pushed themselves through Uni, nor can I imagine that it would be hard for this kind of person to be in high demand at least SOMEWHERE if they would really be qualified for economic reform.

And yet. There are so many cases of College/University graduates who fall short in the employment ladder.
This loops back to my point about examples though.

aLkaLiNE said:

Also if you show academic merit in the states you can pave your way to a free ride through school. In many cases and from that point the jobs start to find you rather than the other way around.

Our system is designed to make it possible for smart, driven people to find a career, regardless of where they start from. So again your situation doesn't really make sense and is an extreme, incredibly unlikely scenario that's over dramatic so you can try and get your point across. But again, we have checks and balances in place that will let someone from a poor family advance through school or get a free ride to Uni if they're smart and driven, regardless of the family from which they are born.

Most education systems world-wide are designed to enable smart, driven people to find a career, that is generally the entire damn point of education systems to begin with.

And none of what you have stated contradicts my original point anyway. - You are just nitpicking at examples I have provided for some reason, despite the fact they are supposed to be "extreme".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I get that he wants people who have some experience with money, but I strongly disagree with his preference of superrich men who don't know anything about politics (so basically people who are the same as him. He should appoint more (moderately rich) people who have political experience.

no suprise to hear something from him

Around the Network

I'm sure his wife thinks the same.

Its badly put.Trump really dosent know how to express his idea, but I actually agree with him.

He dosent mean in the sense that he looks down on poor people or anything of the sort.He comes from the logic that, if someone got rich, its because they know what they are doing, or rather they are good at their jobs.So if thats the case, he or she will be good at an government position that befits his career and make sound choices.

For example, do you prefer to hire, for the position of the minister that handles the country economy, a economist that is freaking rich(and thus implying that he is good at what he does), or one that is poor(and thus implying that he is not very good at his job)?Thats where his thinking comes from.

He is just terrible at wording things.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pemalite said:
aLkaLiNE said:

You probably aren't the best person to talk about how things should work in America either.

Possibly. On the flip side... It does afford me a different perspective, so I could be THE best person to talk to.

aLkaLiNE said:

Minimum wage is set by the state which is based and set by the economy for that state. Hardly any state has a $7 per hour minim wage.

This I was aware of, I didn't see the point in elaborating upon my statement to include every single variation and nuance, unless of course I have a desire to waste an inordinate amount of time.

aLkaLiNE said:

Also, if someone is smart enough and finds themselves qualified enough to make major decisions for the rest of the country, you can bet your ass that they would not find themselves in the position of "I make $7 per hour and am a parent who survives" because that wouldn't really be possible here without government aid.

I provided what is commonly referred to as an "example". - And they can be a little bit extreme to hammer a point home, I apologise if it was a little to outlandish for you, but it was what it was, that's life.

And the point I was attempting to convey was the fact that someones earnings isn't a reflection of how good they are with money.

aLkaLiNE said:

That's definitely just not a survivable wage here or anywhere across the rest of the country. You're talking someone that works at McDonald's. Those are not the kind of people that can direct our economy, that's just the reality of the situation and your hypothetical scenario is completely moot here.

The wage isn't important. That is my entire point.

aLkaLiNE said:

Should someone be judged solely based on merit or their career work? YES. Is that person gonna find themselves working at a gas station trying to feed a family? That's a really massive stretch.

They will have put themselves through college/university to even be considered. I just don't see where someone capable of long reaching decisions that potentially influence other countries internal economic decisions would "settle" for a minimum wage job after they pushed themselves through Uni, nor can I imagine that it would be hard for this kind of person to be in high demand at least SOMEWHERE if they would really be qualified for economic reform.

And yet. There are so many cases of College/University graduates who fall short in the employment ladder.
This loops back to my point about examples though.

aLkaLiNE said:

Also if you show academic merit in the states you can pave your way to a free ride through school. In many cases and from that point the jobs start to find you rather than the other way around.

Our system is designed to make it possible for smart, driven people to find a career, regardless of where they start from. So again your situation doesn't really make sense and is an extreme, incredibly unlikely scenario that's over dramatic so you can try and get your point across. But again, we have checks and balances in place that will let someone from a poor family advance through school or get a free ride to Uni if they're smart and driven, regardless of the family from which they are born.

Most education systems world-wide are designed to enable smart, driven people to find a career, that is generally the entire damn point of education systems to begin with.

And none of what you have stated contradicts my original point anyway. - You are just nitpicking at examples I have provided for some reason, despite the fact they are supposed to be "extreme".

I'm not nitpicking. You're the one breaking my arguement up into multiple separate points when it's all supposed to contextually work together. Either way though, if you have to use such an extreme example to illustrate your point, then I feel that your arguement isn't very strong to begin with. And I'll leave it at that so that you don't have to waste an inordinate amount of time responding.

Sort of a click-baity thread title. "Trump prefers rich people to be in positions that involve the economy" I think would have been a more accurate title.

It's not surprising, he is one of the richest people in the world. However, there should be more people helping who weren't born rich. Ideally, there could be some middle-class people helping with economic policy. I don't think that's going to happen, and I don't think it even happened under President Obama.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima