By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? Here's a poll. UPDATE.

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Final Fantasy VII 163 15.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 486 45.42%

Street Fighter II 20 1.87%

Resident Evil 2 32 2.99%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19 1.78%

Super Mario 64 140 13.08%

Grand Theft Auto V 90 8.41%

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 28 2.62%

Minecraft 24 2.24%

Star Wars Kinect 68 6.36%

Total:1,070
Azuren said:
Bloodborne

Hmm... Interesting choice.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I don't think that is necessarily true. Sonic the Hedgehog is a pretty innocent game for example. 

The world of Sonic is polytheistic and uses magical crystals. That's witchcraft, bruh.

Um... Polytheistic? It is a totally unbelievable fantasy game that does not emulate anything that could influence anyone. You are really reaching there. 

niceguygameplayer said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I have a very consertative mormon mom. I'm not mormon nor conservative. She hates violence gor all that stuff. I tend to enjoy it in my entertainment. She also doesn't give a shit ok granted I'm a grown adult and have been since a few presidents ago and not lived at home in a couple decades but still knows it's just fantasy and fake. She isn't offended by games like Shin Megami Tensei. It's just video games.  I look at something like Mortal Kombat or Ninja Gaiden games like that as R rated cartoon violence since it's so unrealistic. Bayonetta has a lot of hinduism in it and the demons are robots that look like they belong in The Wonderful 101 for a large part of it. So I really don't get people being offended by made up stuff in video games. I esp don't get when someone says a game or a book teaches witchcraft because magic is evil. Isn't jesus magic turning water into wine? Curing illnesses and such? Ok yeah I don't want to get into a big thing shitting on peoples religion but a lot of what I see doesn't make sense sometimes and some act like hypocrites. Just play and enjoy. It's pixels,that's it.

Hey, you have the right to believe as you do I believe as I do. Jesus is supernatural. He has the right to use powers. A witch does not. God is the creator and sets the rules. This is what is true according to the Holy Bible that I follow. I am not trying to make you go by my beliefs though. You must decide what to do. 

niceguygameplayer said:
VAMatt said:

Do you play shooters?  Fantasy RPGs with magic?  Honest questions.  Just wondering where and how you draw the line.  

Well, it's hard to describe. I will try. If the Lord's name is used in vain, like "goddamn", that breaks the 3rd commandment, I don't want to buy and support that. I used to buy games with content like that in it, but I have changed over the years. If there is a large amount of cursing, I usually avoid the game. Grand Theft Auto allows you to commit pretty much every sin under the sun. It's not real, but those with weak minds can be influenced. Persona makes demons into practically heroes, so I can't support that. 

Games where you play good versus evil is where I mainly go. If it is very fantasy based and totally unrealistic like FF7, I let the magic slide. I don't think anyone is going to think that they can hold their arms out and a bolt of lightning will strike their enemy. And then a 73 HP damage will appear above that enemy. However if it was a realistic tarot card magic system that replicates real life witchcraft type stuff, then I would avoid it. And no, I'm not a shooter fan. 

Feel free to ask more.

Would you play Pokémon? I've heard it's satanic.

OT: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is my favorite game, although Breath of the Wild would be a slighty more objective choice.

niceguygameplayer said:
Azuren said:

The world of Sonic is polytheistic and uses magical crystals. That's witchcraft, bruh.

Um... Polytheistic? It is a totally unbelievable fantasy game that does not emulate anything that could influence anyone. You are really reaching there. 

Do you have poroblems killing hundreds of people in games like Uncharted? Or is only a problem when there are characters called demons in way less believeble worlds like bayonetta or Persona?

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Hey, you have the right to believe as you do I believe as I do. Jesus is supernatural. He has the right to use powers. A witch does not. God is the creator and sets the rules. This is what is true according to the Holy Bible that I follow. I am not trying to make you go by my beliefs though. You must decide what to do. 

You are kind of on the mean side huh? Anyway, give me your superior top 10 list if you made the poll. 

Flilix said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Well, it's hard to describe. I will try. If the Lord's name is used in vain, like "goddamn", that breaks the 3rd commandment, I don't want to buy and support that. I used to buy games with content like that in it, but I have changed over the years. If there is a large amount of cursing, I usually avoid the game. Grand Theft Auto allows you to commit pretty much every sin under the sun. It's not real, but those with weak minds can be influenced. Persona makes demons into practically heroes, so I can't support that. 

Games where you play good versus evil is where I mainly go. If it is very fantasy based and totally unrealistic like FF7, I let the magic slide. I don't think anyone is going to think that they can hold their arms out and a bolt of lightning will strike their enemy. And then a 73 HP damage will appear above that enemy. However if it was a realistic tarot card magic system that replicates real life witchcraft type stuff, then I would avoid it. And no, I'm not a shooter fan. 

Feel free to ask more.

OT: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is my favorite game, although Breath of the Wild would be a slighty more objective choice.

Too childish for me. 

As for a Link between Worlds, What system is that on?

mZuzek said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Never played it. It is leading in the poll by a wide margin. I may just get the 3DS port to see how wonderful it is. 

Seriously, the first 30% of the game are absolute crap

and A Link Between Worlds is a 3DS game. It's also pretty overrated 

None of those statements are true though

niceguygameplayer said:
Flilix said:

Too childish for me. 

As for a Link between Worlds, What system is that on?

Pokémon is the most badass game in the world.

And A Link Between Worlds is on 3DS.

Goodnightmoon said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Do you have poroblems killing hundreds of people in games like Uncharted? Or is only a problem when there are characters called demons in way less believeble worlds like bayonetta or Persona?

I don't play Uncharted or games where you are killing realistically. I don't like shooters. It is easier in a more fantasy based game, though, for me. I would rather kill demons than have them on my team. I hate killing innocent ppl even in games. I know they aren't real, but it's the thought to me. Once again, the more realistic the more it bothers me.