By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? Here's a poll. UPDATE.

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Final Fantasy VII 163 15.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 486 45.42%

Street Fighter II 20 1.87%

Resident Evil 2 32 2.99%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19 1.78%

Super Mario 64 140 13.08%

Grand Theft Auto V 90 8.41%

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 28 2.62%

Minecraft 24 2.24%

Star Wars Kinect 68 6.36%

Total:1,070
mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I tried OoT back in 1998 but it was only for brief moments as it was never mine, the first time I really played it was when i bought the 3ds version and I really don't remember havbing all those problems, in fact I found the beggining pretty magic even if the game does gets better and better later as you say.

Second attempt... was it your first Zelda game?

Nope, I finished Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, A Link To The Past, Twilight Princess and Minish Cap before that (in that order)

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Would it be different if the demons on Persona were be called Yoktai or anything different than demon?

It would take a lot. The whole demonic theme would have to change. Like shooting yourself in the head to power up or whatever that was. 

That's only Person 3. Persona isn't Sonic so it wasn't a power up. It tied into the theme of the game and shooting themselves was the narrative to release their Persona.  Persona 4 the theme was facing your self and in perosna 5 taking off the mask summons the persona. Each Perosna game has a overarching theme.

Persona 3 the theme is night and death.

Persona 4 the theme is facing mans desires and self truth.

Persona 5 the theme is slavery.

mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Nope, I finished Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, A Link To The Past, Twilight Princess and Minish Cap before that (in that order)

Well in that case, sadly it appears not everyone is enlightened with the capacity for actual proper judgement. I'm assuming you loved the hell out of Link's Awakening and Minish Cap too, since they are also extremely overrated.

I know, we have an example right there :P

Nogamez said:

Fair enough. I'm going to say BotW or The Last of Us

Both highly rated games. I am personally planning to get the Wii U version of BotW.

mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I know, we have an example right there :P

You basically confirmed that the thing you look forward to most in videogame are roadblocks.

Yet BoTW is one of my 2 favourite games ever ...

Around the Network

I don't get how The Last of Us is the best GAME. Sure has interesting story and characters but it's best GAME. The human AI in that game is beyond horrible. Like REALLY awful. The shooting mechanics are very average. As a game it's not really that great at all. Good characters ad story but not a great game underneath it.

Looking at the top two in the poll, I can safely say I could not disagree more. Not only are then NOT the best games ever, they're the worst 3D games of their respective franchises, to be fair, they were both the first 3D games in their franchise and were both groundbreaking and amazing for their time and they set a lot of standards, but best game ever? Hell no.

For Super Mario 64, the camera is atrocious, (although I'll give it slack because it was the first game to really try a 3D camera in an open, sandbox setting. To my knowledge at least.) But, I can only overlook it for so much when every other 3D Mario game that came after it has a much better camera. The control is stiff. Some levels like Hazy Maze Cave and Shifting Sand Land put me to sleep. And the 100 coin missions.... Oh my God, those are not fun at all. ESPECIALLY during the last 3rd of the game in levels like Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride that just made me want to chuck my controller to the wall. It's still an OK game, but it has certainly aged, and it's not the same masterpiece that it once was back in 1996. 

As for Ocarina of Time, I will say that it has aged MUCH better than Mario 64 in my view, in is still a very great game by today's standards. But it is not without flaws and every other 3D Zelda game that came after it is just better. For one, there's the infamous Navi. The annoying little shit that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. And it's not even that part that irritates me about Navi, the part that gets to me is that she is completely unnecessary!! All of the important details that Link gets and learns about his journey, he gets them from the Great Deku Tree or Zelda/Sheik. Navi doesn't do jack shit. You can take her out of the game entirely and what would change? Absolutely nothing. Hell, the fucking Owl is more useful than Navi, although they are equally annoying.
Hyrule Field, especially in the first half of the game where you're only Young Link, is an absolute chore to travel through and Link is a tank when it comes to mobility and combat. You'll be dodge rolling and side jumping all over the place just to get a move on. Some of the dungeons are just boring and drag longer than they need to, such as the Forest Temple and Water Temple.

I am surprised that Modern Warfare is doing so poorly. With all the millions sold?!

niceguygameplayer said:
I am surprised that Modern Warfare is doing so poorly. With all the millions sold?!

By that logic does that make Michael Bay's Transformers to be among some of the best films every made?  Popular doesn't mean best. Cod sells ofr it's multiplayer for casual fun.

SegataSanshiro said:
niceguygameplayer said:

By your logic does that make Michael Bay's Transformers to be among some of the best films every made?  Popular doesn't mean best. CoD4 was praised then because CoD broke out of WWII. Told a story and shocked audiences in the end and helped XBO with the multiplayer that helped. It was new and fresh..then they did that again...and again...and again...and again....aaaaaaaaand again and still doing it. Every single year to the point every game seemed kinda the same. People just ended up buying the series for online and not caring to much for the 45 minute single player.

The legendary Street Fighter II certainly deserves more votes