By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1 (Leaks are in!)

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:
256k for ARMS is really good imo.

Think how much money that is at 60$.... 256,000 x 60$ = #5.

I think its more impressive that Crash Bandicoot at 40$, and supply issues managed to get #4, with just 2 days of sale.

Wonder if Crash Bandicoot did more than 370k in June (NPD) in the US?

Crash also did very well but ARMS is a new IP and came out on a console with only 1.5mil users.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

I think its more impressive that Crash Bandicoot at 40$, and supply issues managed to get #4, with just 2 days of sale.

256k is including digital which is not factored in the NPD rankings.

If Nintendo gave digital numbers to NPD than it could very well have ranked higher.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

If Nintendo gave digital numbers to NPD than it could very well have ranked higher.

Actually the 256k number is from nintendo.... and thats with digital.

However I think it safe to assume a much higher amount of people also got Crash Bandicoot digitally.

poklane said:
loy310 said:

Not at $499 it wont. 

That being said it looks like the PS4 is about to go supernova for no reason.

The reason why PS4 did so extremely well this month was a Limited Edition Gold PS4, which also was discounted to $249 the moment it was released for like a week. And I'm sure Crash Bandicoot also contributed.

Yeah what this person said, has nothing to do with X1X's price point "scaring people away."

Proud to be a Californian.

JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

However I think it safe to assume a much higher amount of people also go Crash Bandicoot digitally.

isnt that what i said?

the 256k figure includes digital but if you look at the OP, Nintendo does not offer digital info to NPD so the NPD rankings for ARMS does not include digital while Crash does include digital.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

However I think it safe to assume a much higher amount of people also got Crash Bandicoot digitally.

You dont get what he means. He is saying that since nintendo didnt share digital woth npd, we cant use that base formula for crash.

I still think crash beat arms by a good amount but 370k isnt the floor (minimum) is where he is getting at

Bandorr said:
So even with huge supply issues, Switch outsells Xbox one every month it has been out.

I'm not sure how "big" being down 28 percent is, but being up over 60 percent is gotta be super huge.

Well, it clearly had supply issues but not a huge one since 216k was out there in that one month.

Wow Forza Horizon 3 at #5 on the X1 charts, amazing.

Proud to be a Californian.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

I dont want this to become some kind of war, but both did decent to good.ARMS is obviously limited to what I assume is a market of 1.5 to 2 million Switches.Crash is an old game with a fresh paint over it and managed to sell this much.

I say congrats to both.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

EricHiggin said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's hard to tell. My theory is that nothing has changed as those numbers are what I'd expect if the XB1X was never announced. 

Possibly. Switch is obviously stealing some customers from both as a main system, as well as splitting some time for both as a second system. I don't see Switch taking all that many away from both right at the moment though. With the limted supply, it should still be mostly dedicated NiN fans buying up Switch, which wouldn't make too much difference for PS or XB just yet.

While there are other reasons why PS4 sales would have increased, I have to assume the $500 price point of XB1X scared some of the $399/$449 hopeful away. This would be the perfect opportunity for Pro to scoop them up with an increase in availability.

Really? If switch never existed and I was looking at the weekly numbers and NPD numbers I wouldn't think there was anything odd about them in a way that there should be more. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'