By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1 (Leaks are in!)

Just noticed, Zelda climbed to no.2 best selling game of the year so far. That's so nice! It's having impressive legs! Arms started well too.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

PlayStation is the king of consoles

EricHiggin said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm pretty sure I predicted, PS4, Switch then Xb1.

Man MS Better hope the Xbox X makes lasting difference.

You have to wonder if the lower XB1 numbers have anything to do with customers being impressed by XB1X and holding off until the November launch, or are those same customers dissapointed and now buying PS4's and Pro's instead?

My guess is the latter.  At $499, my guess is a lot aren't going to see the resolution improvements being worth the extra $100 the X costs over the Pro.  Definitely not the $150-$200 difference it'll be this holiday season.  Maybe if MS went with a better CPU to guarantee 60 FPS, but they didn't, so instead you'll probably only see improvements of 2-5 FPS.  Again, not worth the extra $100-$200.

It also doesn't help with the lackluster display of exclusive content that was at E3.  Without real exclusives to push the system, more people are going to start jumping onboard the PS4 train.  Especially when we get a $199 Slim and $299-$349 Pro.

poklane said:

https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/20/june-2017-npd-tekken-and-injustice-roundhouse-kick-the-sales-chart/

The report also confirms this was the PlayStation 4's best June so far, which matches up with the leaked numbers as it would put the PS4 > 366k, with the leaked numbers saying 381k.

And Jal leaked the numbers before Venturebeat published its article, so it was not possible for him to see the article beforehand and then make up the 381K figure to make it look correct.

LipeJJ said:
Switch did better in June as I expected. That's certainly due to a bit more stock for Arms' launch week. July will be interesting to see how high it can go (more like, how many they can produce/ship).

Switch didn't really do better though. Stock remained the same In May and June at around 41-43k a week. June being a 5 week month naturally makes the absolute numbers better, but per week it was essentially the same.

Around the Network

So Crash Bandicoot is the top selling game on a single platform. Nice one Naughty Dog.

Damn, Xbox fans have got to be hoping that the doldrums for Xb one are all about people waiting to buy XOX.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Major victory for ps4 this month. Stretching it's lead over the competition big time this month.

Farsala said:
LipeJJ said:
Switch did better in June as I expected. That's certainly due to a bit more stock for Arms' launch week. July will be interesting to see how high it can go (more like, how many they can produce/ship).

Switch didn't really do better though. Stock remained the same In May and June at around 41-43k a week. June being a 5 week month naturally makes the absolute numbers better, but per week it was essentially the same.

I see... that explains why it's up. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyway, still nice since it held up instead of dropping. It points towards stock being limited like we all believe. A good sign indeed. I hope Nintendo can ship at least 400k for July.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PS4's exploding, I really did not expect this kind of effect from Tekken & Crash :O

Wow PS4 is on fire. Hard to believe it has this much punch still so late in the gen. Seems as if it really has taken on the PS2's legacy. Poor Xbox is basically dead in the water at this point with no gears or Halo title this Christmas to fend off Sony and all their big third party marketing and bundles. God is almost doesn't seem fair lol