By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer - Nintendo's new online service looks like it could be every bit as bad as you feared

That's one way of dealing with the high demand...

Around the Network

All I can think of is people claiming that Nintendo NEEDS their own hardware to make great experiences. And now Nintendo needs other people's hardware just to make its own system barely feature complete?

Maybe Nintendo doesn't NEED their own hardware. Maybe they just WANT their own hardware so they can continue to be greedy as fuck and screw over their own customers just to save a few pennies..

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

words are failing me.

This is so Nintendo IMO.

They make great 1st party games. Really.
But their hardware is outdated, basically since 2006 when the Wii released.

The pure ignorance to ignore something like Online gameplay, HD content (or 4k now), DVD (GCN) or BluRay or digital distribution is so hard to believe.

They have to play catch-up in most of these aspects compared to Sony and Microsoft and it is a pain in the ass for me. Which is especially bad, because I think after ten years, I should buy a Nintendo console again to play Zelda, Mario Kart, etc.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

This voice chat is really mess, it would be better to not have one at all.

twintail said:

eDIT; something more managable looking:

Nice! But to be really wonderful, at Flying Spaghetti Monster, blessed be His holy name, levels, it needs MORE cables. MOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

words are failing me.

This is so Nintendo IMO.

But their hardware is outdated, basically since 2006 when the Wii released.

The pure ignorance to ignore something like Online gameplay, HD content (or 4k now), DVD (GCN) or BluRay or digital distribution is so hard to believe.

They have to play catch-up in most of these aspects compared to Sony and Microsoft and it is a pain in the ass for me. Which is especially bad, because I think after ten years, I should buy a Nintendo console again to play Zelda, Mario Kart, etc.

lol the DS is a recent sucess story. the switch's hardware is also nice. a super beefed up handheld that delivers what the vita couldn't (remember vita specs are similar to a new 3ds aka wii level)

I'm willing to look past this WHILE online is still free. its thier testing phase, and they are not MS or sony who have tons of exp or manpower that can work on such things.

Hiku said:
That's actually worse than I thought. I didn't imagine the chat would stop working if the screen is turned off, or if you switch to another app.

Or you cant find your friend via this app either, it sounds like they needed to write each other, then exchange name/password of the room or some such.

"it says everything, that we have to use gchat to get this far"

This doesnt sound like a good solution at all,.... nintendo fumbled the ball on voice chat, and friend invites ect, to online play.

Ka-pi96 said:
TheBraveGallade said:

lol the DS is a recent sucess story. the switch's hardware is also nice. a super beefed up handheld that delivers what the vita couldn't (remember vita specs are similar to a new 3ds aka wii level)

I'm willing to look past this WHILE online is still free. its thier testing phase, and they are not MS or sony who have tons of exp or manpower that can work on such things.

The Vita delivered free online and voice chat though...

My point is that the power of the vita was a mini ps3... when the ps4 was coming out.

The switch is a mini ps4 when the ps4 is at its prime (ps4 pro doesn't count)

TheBraveGallade said:
DirtyP2002 said:

words are failing me.
This is so Nintendo IMO.
But their hardware is outdated, basically since 2006 when the Wii released..

For portables (handhelds)

Switch 157 Gflops  (switch portable mode)

PS Vita 51 Gflops

3DS 4.8 Gflops

Wii 12 Gflops? (not a handheld)

^ think these are right? cant remember, but I know its not fair to say "vita specs are similar to new 3ds aka wii level".

The PS Vita has like 10 times as much power as the 3ds, in terms of flops, actual performance its probably more.

Same with the Switch, in handheld mode its more than 3 times the power of a ps vita.

AMAZING!!!!
ahahah

Switch!!!