By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer - Nintendo's new online service looks like it could be every bit as bad as you feared

morenoingrato said:
Wish they had invested in a microphone and some Bluetooth instead of motion controls and fancy rumble.

But yeah, this is worse than I thought. Absolutely dreadful.

Don't forget the super important totally relevant n necessary AR camera!

-Lonely_Dolphin

Around the Network
twintail said:

eDIT; something more managable looking:

Why attach the phone to the controller at all?

And more importantly, does this work with the Switch docked? How?

Tear the phone off the controller (why is it there to begin with?) and you should have something more manageable.

My more pressing question is how does this work with the Switch docked? I fear it doesn't.

This really doesn't use anymore cords than when I use Skype/Discord. Charger for the phone. That's it. The rest is wireless, if you have Bluetooth headphones. Of course, this is only for docked, mind you.

The real issue here is the fact that the app doesn't work in the background or when the phone is locked. Like, wtf Nintendo? I guess I'll just stick to Skype/Discord. At least then I can put the phone to sleep and still talk to people.

Don't care, if I actually want voicechat I use Teamspeak anyway. Never bothered with the voicechat of the games themselves, it's just crap.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
That's actually worse than I thought. I didn't imagine the chat would stop working if the screen is turned off, or if you switch to another app.

Perhaps they should call it the "Don't Switch"

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

remember when the freaking DSI had in game VIDEO CHAT in pokemon BW? or when metriod prime hunters and diamond pearl had voice chat back in, I dunno, 2006?

Seriously, why attach the phone to the controller?

TheBraveGallade said:
remember when the freaking DSI had in game VIDEO CHAT in pokemon BW? or when metriod prime hunters and diamond pearl had voice chat back in, I dunno, 2006?

Honestly, no.

I really, really hope that Nintendo realizes they are being ridiculous and fixes these things. Moreso, Nintendo has yet to release any new feature for the Switch at all. I thought that was ok as they were working on the online mode. However, that stuff they brought out is pretty awful; makes you wonder on what they're doing with their time.

Please like and subscribe!

It would have literally costed Nintendo cents to simply include a Microphone built into the Switch. Tight asses.

Microsoft got Voice-Chat on consoles right over a decade ago.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--