By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer - Nintendo's new online service looks like it could be every bit as bad as you feared

I'm just gonna slowly hide in my little hermit shell known as Discord.

Around the Network

Anyone else think the end result will be a lot better than it seems right now?

Nintendo should make some sort of partnership with Microsoft to use Xbox Live as their offered online service for Switch. They already offer crossplay between the two and PC. Nintendo just can't get online gaming services correct, even Wii U, while better than Switch, was kind of a mess.

Man, can you imagine how Reggie must feel. Every time he got asked about this (and will in the future) he must have bit his lip hard and told the interviewers "this is the best way to game online currently" or something to that affect, knowing full well he's lying.

I thought it was going to be a disaster. Even then some how Nintendo topped that and made it far worse than I could have ever imagined.

Wait I have to know.. what happens if someone calls? Are we back in the 90s when if someone called you while on dial up you got disconnected? Have we actually gone back 20/25 years?

And can they hear the phone call? Will the people on the other end of that have to sit through my phone constantly ringing?

So many questions, so many nightmares.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network

You people act surprised like it wasn't expected. I mean, it's as obvious as looking at what Nintendo has done recently:

- Released a hype new console that is actually good with a good OS and no pointless gimmick.
- Broke all Zelda traditions to make an innovative new game that might be the best Zelda ever made.
- Released another interesting new IP.
- Made a quick sequel to Splatoon that improves and builds over its predecessor.
- Looks like they might be starting to embrace e-Sports.
- Had a great E3 showing with loads of awesome games like an ambitious new Mario and 2 real Metroid games.

See the trend? Nothing about this is bad. Nothing here is shitty. It was obvious that somewhere, at some point, Nintendo would have to be Nintendo.

pokoko said:
Anyone else think the end result will be a lot better than it seems right now?

If by "end result" you mean what it'll be like after two million updates in a couple of years, yeah, of course it's gonna be better. As of right now, it's pretty crap.

mZuzek said:
You people act surprised like it wasn't expected. I mean, it's as obvious as looking at what Nintendo has done recently:

- Released a hype new console that is actually good with a good OS and no pointless gimmick.
- Broke all Zelda traditions to make an innovative new game that might be the best Zelda ever made.
- Released another interesting new IP.
- Made a quick sequel to Splatoon that improves and builds over its predecessor.
- Looks like they might be starting to embrace e-Sports.
- Had a great E3 showing with loads of awesome games like an ambitious new Mario and 2 real Metroid games.

See the trend? Nothing about this is bad. Nothing here is shitty. It was obvious that somewhere, at some point, Nintendo would have to be Nintendo.

That's pretty funny lol

Bandorr said:
I thought it was going to be a disaster. Even then some how Nintendo topped that and made it far worse than I could have ever imagined.

Wait I have to know.. what happens if someone calls? Are we back in the 90s when if someone called you while on dial up you got disconnected? Have we actually gone back 20/25 years?

And can they hear the phone call? Will the people on the other end of that have to sit through my phone constantly ringing?

So many questions, so many nightmares.

That's actually something I hadn't thought about while thinking to myself how awful this looks lol... if I get a phonecall and it disconnects me from chat, that's gonna' be a massive pain in the arse. 

morenoingrato said:
Wish they had invested in a microphone and some Bluetooth instead of motion controls and fancy rumble.

But yeah, this is worse than I thought. Absolutely dreadful.

Don't forget the super important totally relevant n necessary AR camera!

-Lonely_Dolphin