How would you feel?

Improvement on current built in chat 8 6.06%

Worse and annoying 96 72.73%

No opinion 10 7.58%

Non PS/XB fan wanting to see result 18 13.64%

Total:132
ArchangelMadzz said:
Pyro as Bill said:
If it's a choice between a $300 5yr sub and headsets vs a $100 sub and a smart device, I'll take the $100 option.

Party chat is free on PS4

He's been told many times. He's trolling.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Pyro as Bill said:
If it's a choice between a $300 5yr sub and headsets vs a $100 sub and a smart device, I'll take the $100 option.

To say nothing for the other aspects of the sub fees from MS and Sony that he's not taking into account.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

potato_hamster said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Silly me, I thought playing with friends was kind of the whole point to voice chat. I suppose being able to talk/msg but not play with friends is worth the price.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
potato_hamster said:

Silly me, I thought playing with friends was kind of the whole point to voice chat. I suppose being able to talk/msg but not play with friends is worth the price.

There's plenty of online games you can play on PSN without PS+. Besides you're ignoring all of the other perks PS+ gives you for that fee that has nothing to do with online play.

potato_hamster said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There's plenty of online games you can play on PSN without PS+. Besides you're ignoring all of the other perks PS+ gives you for that fee that has nothing to do with online play.

Are you talking about free to play titles? 

Nintendo offers discounts and free (for the life of the subscription) games too. I doubt most of those games are as good as SMB 3 but that's just my opinion.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
potato_hamster said:

Are you talking about free to play titles? 

Nintendo offers discounts and free (for the life of the subscription) games too. I doubt most of those games are as good as SMB 3 but that's just my opinion.

Games like Final Fantasy XIV don't require PS+ to play, for example. I'm pretty sure any online game with a monthly subscription doesn't require it.

But that's really neither here nor there. I'm not the one arguing that "online play" for 5 years on PSN costs $300 vs $100 for Switch. You are.  I simply stated that you get more for that "$300" than just online play. It has nothing to do with what else you get for that $100 on Switch.

Sony/MS can copied anything they want from Nintendo but pls don't copy this stupid app.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Pyro as Bill said:
potato_hamster said:

Yeah there's no way friends will talk to eachother when playing different games. Who just has conversation? Weirdos. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I don't care that voice chat is on the phone. I care that the app sucks

potato_hamster said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't think it's as big a deal on a Nintendo platform as it would be on the other two. Nintendo is newer to this, I am willing to cut them some slack. Also I highly doubt most gamers in Switch care about voice chat and those that do are more hardcore and likely to own phones and party up, assuming you can party up.

The NES came out in 1985. Nintendo has been "at this" longer. They have gifted, skilled and capable engineers. They have implemented voice chat into previoius games, which is arguably a more difficult solution than incorporating it into the OS itself. But even if they didn't have the capabilities and knowledge they have outsourced the development of other projects in the past. There is no excuse for this.

Came out earlier than that IIRC, but it's release date is irrelevant. I was clearly talking about a gaming network. Nintendo is newer than that than MicroSony, fact. I'd take issue with the apparent reality that the app has issues, not with the service requiring an app and cell phone. 

Another key difference is price. It's pretty hypocritical when all last gen the excuse for PSN vs XBL was PSN was free and XBL was $60. Yet now apparently Nintendo is supposed to match the others in features at 1/3 the price. 

If they sort out the issues with the app then I really don't care about needing a phone an app. I already use the apps for PSN/XBL for sending messages and viewing community stuff. So the headphone jack goes into the phones aux port instead of the controllers. The horror!