By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question for PS and Xbox Fans about NS Online App

How would you feel?

Improvement on current built in chat 8 6.06%

Worse and annoying 96 72.73%

No opinion 10 7.58%

Non PS/XB fan wanting to see result 18 13.64%

Total:132

It'd be bullshit, removing features from the console.

Around the Network

Its 2017.... people would throw a fit if XB or PS did something like nintendo's solution for the switch.

I've posted on this topic quite a bit already, so I'll keep it general. The Switch voice chat setup is one of the dumbest, most purposeful steps into shit I've ever seen. I'd love for any of the people who voted that it's an improvement over what Sony and MS have as their setups, to step forward.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If it's a choice between a $300 5yr sub and headsets vs a $100 sub and a smart device, I'll take the $100 option.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I would be a little upset, but it would not be the end of the world. All it does is make me have to plug in my headset into my phone instead of my controller.

I would hope they add the option for in game sounds through blutooth or something though instead of a splicer...much like how I hope Nintendo adds the option for the s
Switch...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

Out of curiosity due to this Nintendo Switch Online App that I had no idea was a thing until today when it launched. 

How would we (Including myself in this) feel if Sony and Microsoft were to go down this route for their next console iteration. Ie. No built in voice chat, and to voice chat you have to use an app on your smartphone assuming you have one?

If it meant free online, let's do it!

This would be one of those situations where people would act like a lack of a feature on a games console is the end of the world, but one I would agree with the fans. There's no reason for the big two to regress to match Nintendo.

Considering the problems the app currently has, yea that'd be stupid.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pyro as Bill said:
If it's a choice between a $300 5yr sub and headsets vs a $100 sub and a smart device, I'll take the $100 option.

Party chat is free on PS4

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't think it's as big a deal on a Nintendo platform as it would be on the other two. Nintendo is newer to this, I am willing to cut them some slack. Also I highly doubt most gamers in Switch care about voice chat and those that do are more hardcore and likely to own phones and party up, assuming you can party up.

The NES came out in 1985. Nintendo has been "at this" longer. They have gifted, skilled and capable engineers. They have implemented voice chat into previoius games, which is arguably a more difficult solution than incorporating it into the OS itself. But even if they didn't have the capabilities and knowledge they have outsourced the development of other projects in the past. There is no excuse for this.