By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Review Thread! MC: 84

Yep, pretty much what I expected. A bit more than Splatoon 1. Still far away from the score it deserves imho. It's a 90+ game for me XD.

Around the Network
Fededx said:

Yeah but most of the reviews that gave it an 81 metascore, have been updated later on,  and I don't think that translated to its meta... A shame, because the game got much bigger and better, and for free. 

Reviews rarely get updated. Driveclub is another example of this.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

I can't even remember what my prediction was.

reverse it = 21 x 4 = 84. Hmm, not bad of a prediction!

FunFan said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Opencritic currently has it at 82/100. http://opencritic.com/game/4214/splatoon-2 People should use Opencritic over Metacritic because they are more transparent, and you can blacklist any reviewer you don't like from the aggregate score.

IMO Splatoon released at 81 and slowly went to a 9.5 from all the updates. Looks like they are following the same formula with the sequel, so 82/100 is a good score.

Edit: Nintendolife gave it a 10/10 but that isn't showing up on Opencritic yet. This should balance out Slant Magazine's terrible score of 6/10 (They gave BotW 6/10 too).

Then every user will have a different score.

They give the game two scores. One is your own personalized score, and the other is the official score. The official score is kind of hidden, while the personalized score is put on the front page of the site. I think this is a good thing though, because you can get a score based on reviewers that you like or respect. So at a glance you can see what people who like the same things as you thought about th game. I always check the score and then read reviews from sites I like to get a better idea of what the game is like. 

Reviewers seem to agree on this one. There aren't a lot of prefect scores nor very low scores, most reviews are 80-90.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Reviewers seem to agree on this one. There aren't a lot of prefect scores nor very low scores, most reviews are 80-90.

I expect a low score from Slant, can't wait to see that 5-6/10! XD

green_sky said:

Looks good. 

Sauce please. 

Volterra_90 said:
Flilix said:

Their review is already up, 6/10

John19 said:
Volterra_90 said:

Their review is already up, 6/10

Wow, that was surprising!

Cerebralbore101 said:
green_sky said:

Looks good. 

Sauce please.