By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best explanation why Zelda BotW is great

https://youtu.be/ZLRedgWqejo

18 mins. Video is telling you why BotW is one of the best open world games ever made.

Around the Network

Anyone have a TL:DW?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
If it takes 18 mins then it's not even a good explanation, let alone the best one...

He have to make comparisons with other games like Horizon. 

Back when i was a student the explanations where always long. Dont remember any intelligent person who have done an explantion for a matter in a few seconds. I am sure you want it like trump. The whole Intelligence report for the whole world on one page with pictures ? That is what you need. Sorry he cant do that. There are podcasts and monologs about games which are longer than one hour just for one game. I dont understand you. Sorry. 

I knew it was Matt Lees' video!
Tbh, this is more about open world design beyond just BOTW.
Hugely entertaining, good shout!

Would be even greater on PC.

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
I knew it was Matt Lees' video!
Tbh, this is more about open world design beyond just BOTW.
Hugely entertaining, good shout!

Sadly some people in the community need colourfull drawn pictures to understand a review.

I saw a pretty good video one time about how Breath of the Wild's open world was more so misunderstood than it was empty. The creator compared it to Shadow of the Colossus in that the emptiness has a purpose.

I'll watch this later.

P.S. I died like 30 times so far and I'm on my first Divine beast...i'm officially terrible at video games

18 minutes to say why the game is great. I only need a few words to explain how the game ruined itself with pointless mechanics. Doesn't matter how many things a game does well when the things it does terribly are so bad that it makes you want to quit it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:
Anyone have a TL:DW?

He discusses some of the ways BOTW's design let's you immerse in the world.

I recommend watching it, and his "The best game ever" in general, for some interesting thoughts on games.

I'd recommend watching the video.
"The best game ever" is deliberate hyperbole and its the name of a whole series.
Maybe OP could change the title to reflect this video is more about map design than a review