By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB: who is the cheapest character

iclim4 said:
NFGBlinkAC said:
iclim4 said:
NFGBlinkAC said:
Pit is not cheap at all.

If he spams B, shield one shot, then jump over after you shield. Shielding its ur best friend.

If you're Melee type and you need to get close to him, and he pulls off his B-Over spinning Swords move, just hold the moving stick away from pit, you'll get out of it, and gte a free smash cause he can't stop right away., and he if does stop by the time you get out of hit, doing your character's quickest move that will hit him works.

I can easily beat Pit with Ike, Marth, and Sonic.

Ike's smashes take a while to hit.
Usually Pit can already block once your sword lands.
Ike's dash can stop the blades though, plus get a cheap hit.

Ike's does take awhile to hit, but it's all timing. I have managed to land Ike's smash against Pit players. It's even more fun to hit them with A once, watch them shield, and grab them lol.

Haha, mind games.
And I know about Ike's timing, I use him even in one on one brawls.
Pit just runs away to a corner and spam arrows.
Once I get close pit can attack faster.knock me back off, backstep and launches arrows again.
I just need a different strategy against him. =/

When i Get close, i try to time Ike's Counter if the opponent is the type of person to react a rush with a melee attack.  If he doesn't dall for that, i run in, jump over, try to land on him with Eruption, or run in, small jump, to make him think I'm doing the Eruption attack, and instead land infront and grab, or just run, then quickly do B-over.  Those tricks usually work well when I play.

When it comes down to it though, it's just mind games.

Around the Network

Iclim, who's Pit beat you to the point where you deemed him uber hax cheap? I don't recall you ever having a lot of problems against my Pit. The matches were usually close when we fought.

To answer the question, I'm going to say Ike.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

LANDSLIDE victory on Fox. I'm damn near a fox expert, and I know for a fact he can be a cheap piece of monkey turd.

Range. Fox has a crapload of speed, a gun that just racks the damage at an almost alarming rate, and for the ranged onry characters, items, stage ranged attacks, you have a handy dandy reflector shield which doesn't take up your final jump. (I've double jumped, reflected samus's fireball, and safely gotten on stage sooooo many times)

Up close, fox... and juggle, go hand in hand. One of my trademark attacks, is the running kick, followed by the upward tap, followed by a low sweep, into an upward or side smash for an almost instant 30-50 damage. Fox is an absolute beast at close range combat.

(fixed in brawl) Throws, after barraging wave after wave of easy damage to an opponent, I used to be able to grab you, toss you to the floor, and the limping body came up the perfect height for a smash upward, which almost always killed.

Doging, shield time, rolling. FAST AS FUQ. Fox is definitely a reaction character, his movement is so fast that timing is key to everything, but if you have the timing... your godlike.

Middleweight. He's nowhere near the level of ganon or yoshi as far as smash resistance is concerned, but he's also far from any of the pokemon, or kirby :P

2 get up moves!!!! The forker has his insane-o dash, and that enormously ranged fire crap :P 

I've only ever been beaten at smash brothers once, and it was by another guy who played fox :P (and since then I've gotten so much better and absolutely dominated him ;) ) Fox is a absolute monster who is horridly un-balanced at times xD His only downfall is timing.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

some characters are easier to spam than others, but the two biggest things that will determine the outcome of a battle are how aware you are of your own strategy and how aware you are of your opponent's strategy.
Other than that, there are a few characters that seem to have an advantage against certain other characters, but it's not something that is true for the entire roster. When I play as Kirby, I have some issues with Metaknight and Pit, but when I'm Marth, they're a breeze, the reverse is true when I'm going up against Wario and Ness.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

^or a some one who can counter like no other

Around the Network
NFGBlinkAC said:
When i Get close, i try to time Ike's Counter if the opponent is the type of person to react a rush with a melee attack.  If he doesn't dall for that, i run in, jump over, try to land on him with Eruption, or run in, small jump, to make him think I'm doing the Eruption attack, and instead land infront and grab, or just run, then quickly do B-over.  Those tricks usually work well when I play.

When it comes down to it though, it's just mind games.

How does Ike's counter work?
It doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.
Sometimes when I counter the attack still goes through.

And you forgot to take into consideration if the Pit user is skilled aswell.
If the Pit user is as skilled as the Ike user, I still think Ike would lose.
Usually in a Pit vs Ike battle, Ike is forced to go forward while the pit user defends and attacks from a distance, pretty much giving the Pit user the ability to dictate the entire pace of the match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

fox was a monster in melee but in brawl he is not the best, ive never had any problems taking down fox.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

taomaster06 said:
fox was a monster in melee but in brawl he is not the best, ive never had any problems taking down fox.

We haven't played yet ;) In time my friend, in time :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
taomaster06 said:

We haven't played yet ;) In time my friend, in time :D

do you play online?

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

iclim is an Ike follower he studies all his moves and strategies .....you can't argue with him ^_^ Ike counter works like marth all about timing right before that attack is about to hit you down B . I just hate fighting pit in 4way matches like yesterday Riot would just run in with his >B or hold A we all get stuck in .