By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB: who is the cheapest character

brawl4life,iclim4, riot and I are pretty evenly matched, it just depends on the characters we choose, but wasamaru kick my ass

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
NFGBlinkAC said:
When i Get close, i try to time Ike's Counter if the opponent is the type of person to react a rush with a melee attack. If he doesn't dall for that, i run in, jump over, try to land on him with Eruption, or run in, small jump, to make him think I'm doing the Eruption attack, and instead land infront and grab, or just run, then quickly do B-over. Those tricks usually work well when I play.

When it comes down to it though, it's just mind games.

How does Ike's counter work?
It doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.
Sometimes when I counter the attack still goes through.

And you forgot to take into consideration if the Pit user is skilled aswell.
If the Pit user is as skilled as the Ike user, I still think Ike would lose.
Usually in a Pit vs Ike battle, Ike is forced to go forward while the pit user defends and attacks from a distance, pretty much giving the Pit user the ability to dictate the entire pace of the match.

Ike's Counter works after u hear the sound, and last for a little less than 2 seconds or so, it's kinda hard to get used to, I use it as a last resort cuz the timing is hard.

Well, it's hard to consider "same skill level" when fighting, because people fight at different skill levels and different fighting styles affect skill comparison.

BTW, I didn't mean to put that the strategy always works.  It's tricks that are useful to do, but the success rate depends on timing between you and your opponent. 

brawl4life said:
iclim4 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
So who amongst you guys is the best would you say? :P
WoW, no contest.

Well from the ones I played atleast.

i don't know wasamaru gives me a tougher time then anyone so far .....

Haven't played him yet, which is why I said "from the ones I played". =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

ChronotriggerJM said:

WoW is better than everyone.

I think I'm still a tad bit under Iclim's, Tao's, and Brawl4life's level though.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

taomaster06 said:
brawl4life,iclim4, riot and I are pretty evenly matched, it just depends on the characters we choose, but wasamaru kick my ass
yea something about him always screws my timing off i manage to win 2 out of 5 against him.  

Around the Network

Damnit, Wow is always so humble about it ^^ I guess I'll just have to see when I try my hand ^^ I should test him with some mad-donkey kong style pimp handing first >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

iclim4 said:
brawl4life said:
iclim4 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
WoW, no contest.

Well from the ones I played atleast.

i don't know wasamaru gives me a tougher time then anyone so far .....

Haven't played him yet, which is why I said "from the ones I played". =P

NFGBlinkAC said:Z
Ike's Counter works after u hear the sound, and last for a little less than 2 seconds or so, it's kinda hard to get used to, I use it as a last resort cuz the timing is hard.

Well, it's hard to consider "same skill level" when fighting, because people fight at different skill levels and different fighting styles affect skill comparison.

BTW, I didn't mean to put that the strategy always works.  It's tricks that are useful to do, but the success rate depends on timing between you and your opponent. 

I've seen attacks go through that window in Ike's counter.
Especially Yoshi's egg rolling attack, predictable, but it goes through the counter sometimes.
The Majority gets blocked though.

About skill.
You already need a strategy to just get near Pit, which shows how much of a disadvantage Ike is, what if Pit also has a strategy.
Spams arrows, and attacks you with melee when you get close since he's faster., and expects you to counter the next time you get closer so he decides to charge a smash. Ike is forced to struggle aganist Pit. I think Ike can only win against Pit if there is a huge gap in skill, or if the Pit doesn't spam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Tao broke the thread.

wtf