By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Takahashi: Xenoblade Chronicles X for Switch “would love to think about” and more

Nautilus said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Omg... the ports...

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't use these old games as a bandaid between new games or else I may end up regretting my purchase.

Why?Its not like the Switch is not getting new releases, and Nintendo cant make one new game every single month.Plus, other company could work at it(Tantalus for example could make the remaster) while monolith work on new games.

I own a Wii U and I played all the best and biggest games it had to offer. If everytime I log into this message board, I'm seeing a thread about a rumor for yet another game that I already own, it starts to feel like my purchase is a bit hallow. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Nautilus said:

Why?Its not like the Switch is not getting new releases, and Nintendo cant make one new game every single month.Plus, other company could work at it(Tantalus for example could make the remaster) while monolith work on new games.

I own a Wii U and I played all the best and biggest games it had to offer. If everytime I log into this message board, I'm seeing a thread about a rumor for yet another game that I already own, it starts to feel like my purchase is a bit hallow. 

Then don't buy it. You got a lot of other good games coming up. Not our fault people didn't want to buy a terrible system. 

You got Odyssey, FE Warriors, Breath of the Wild, ARMS, Spla2oon, Prime 4, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon 2018/2019, Xenoblade 2, Snipperclips, 1-2 switch, loads of indies, and anything else still unannounced. The only ports we currently have are Mario Kart 8 and Pokken. Stop exaggerating. Even if we get more ports, the first party content is still a great value

Everything about this title is very interesting.

"I would love to think about it."

Nice answer guy. Hopefully you get the opportunity to think about it someday. Sounds like it's not even a twinkle in his eye yet.

Though in fairness...I don't think I'd want to play this game again on another platform. Much rather see a sequel, or another Xeno series.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

What's with all these Wii U ports?

I get the Wii U was a flop and they want people a chance to try these games, but yeesh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

The more Wii-U games they port the better, I don't care and I owned alot of them.

There's so many good games from the Wii-u that need to have more people play them.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

remake the original xenoblade first

AlfredoTurkey said:
Omg... the ports...

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't use these old games as a bandaid between new games or else I may end up regretting my purchase.

It's already happening. And people are clamoring for more e.e it'll be milked to death, unfortunately

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nautilus said:

Then its not for ypu, as its not for me.I dont play games twice, especially RPGs.This game would be for the millions of people that skipped the Wii U.And I personally want this to happen because that game deserves more love, and the remaster of it could fix alot of issues that game had.

When you have a massive failure like the Wii U, its just good business, for better or for worst, to reuse its games.For the most people, they are new games and of excellent quality at that.And it serves to pluck the holes betwenn the big new games for the Switch, which given the odds, an owner of the Seitch may have not tried such game.

If the ports were out of control, I would agree with you.But given that we just had two ports, and one of them had a massive content update, with alot of new software comming, I think a port or two from the best of what the Wii U had to offer is a good thing.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I’m sorry but this is a little ridiculous to say. Nintendo has been the only company to offer true backwards compatibility to an overwhelming amount of software. The Wii played those tiny GameCube games. The Wii U played Wii games. Almost all accessories worked. Just keep your old game systems if you want your old games that bad. Stop calling it Nintendo’s problem. I agree the more Wii U ports the better. Some games should be ported immediately by Nintendo: Smash Bros, Xenoblade, being the obvious choices considering the remastered editions of games on the Xbox one and PS4. Nintendo should focus on delivering original Switch specific experiences. And answer the AAA fans with their own blockbuster FPS IP that counters all the begging for COD that appears on the internet. COD is stale. Maybe a METROID online FPS but something. Third parties need to step up and make original content instead of saying the switch isn’t powerful. It can make Wii U software and that was good enough. If the Wii U library was portable like the switch I would take that in a heartbeat. The Switch is at least 3 times more powerful than the Wii U. Developers need to make original content not original IP. It needs to be switch specific like Resident Evil and Silent Hill and Deed Space was on the Wii and not watered down ports like COD and FIFA and Madden was. Just make new experiences with quality IP and stop focusing on parity. If people want an Xbox game they will buy it on Xbox and the same with the PlayStation.