By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

Blu-ray's advancement to becoming the mainstream format will undoubtably be longer than DVD's over VHS. In fact, Blu-ray may never gain more than 60% of the marketshare. Frankly though, it really doesn't matter. As long as Blu-ray continues to see marketshare sizes and increases like it has in the past six months, it will continue to be supported by developers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.

Around the Network

People are still fighting against Blu-ray?

Give it a break already. I never liked DVD but I never went on websites and said how rediculous the format was. It is so outlandish to go into a thread about something you hate, and bash it. To this day I don't see the exitment people get in this. Is it for responses like this?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

"People are still fighting against Blu-ray?"

People still think blu-ray will never have any detractors?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Seihyouken said:
Blu-ray's advancement to becoming the mainstream format will undoubtably be longer than DVD's over VHS. In fact, Blu-ray may never gain more than 60% of the marketshare. Frankly though, it really doesn't matter. As long as Blu-ray continues to see marketshare sizes and increases like it has in the past six months, it will continue to be supported by developers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.

Until something better comes out. Also Blu-Ray is not just Sony. There are like 7 other companies who contribute to producing Blu-Ray media. I think the only reason Sony has it's name on it is because it put forth the most money to produce and market the product. Still, other companies own shares of the Blu-Ray pie. It's not all Sony and Sony couldn't have done this by themselves.

'gaming till I'm gone'

nice thread you got here...

Around the Network

"like it has in the past six months"

It hasn't. It shrunk in September.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

XanderZane said:
Seihyouken said:

Until something better comes out. Also Blu-Ray is not just Sony. There are like 7 other companies who contribute to producing Blu-Ray media. I think the only reason Sony has it's name on it is because it put forth the most money to produce and market the product. Still, other companies own shares of the Blu-Ray pie. It's not all Sony and Sony couldn't have done this by themselves.

People haven't even settled in to 1080p HD televisions and you say something better is coming? Also, Sony is a founder of blu-ray. The rest of the companies like Apple, Disney etc are supporters and have little share in the format, collectively. Sony stands to gain and lose the most. Why'd you think they spear headed the format by putting blu-ray in the PS3? Because, Movies>> Games.

December 14th

DVD $461.51 million up 91.83% Total 86%
Blu-ray $60.78 million up 157.07% Total 14%

Source: http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/12/20/nielsen-videoscan-high-def-market-share-for-week-ending-december/

ok fully updated with all information available.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It's not over yet ! HD DVD will win the war ;)