By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Some Americans Calling for Death of Woman Who Urinated on Flag

Snowflakes be getting triggered.

Around the Network
danasider said:
bigtakilla said:

If you hated Ohio enough to piss on the state flag, you should probably leave right. Again, it isn't just a simple expression of disliking the state of America, I live an Ohio too, and there's things I dislike about Ohio (75 south to Ky traffic for work is a starter, but it doesn't make me wanna piss on the Ohio flag.

Just because you or I don't get the inclination to piss on a flag in order to show you hate a state or country, doesn't mean others don't. Again, her whole point was to show her freedom of expression (a tenet in our constitution). So even though you have the right to believe she should be deported, she has the right to piss on the flag...as revolting as that act is.

The country, on the other hand, doesn't have the right to carry out a deportation for such an act, because it would be violating its own constitution which was built to preserve basic human freedoms (that includes pissing on flags, much to the disgust of most people including myself).

If you feel that way, that's up to you, but I am personally glad the country can't deport people for such acts, because the act really hurts nobody aside from offending people (which every group does on one occassion or another be it liberal, conservative, black, white, rich, poor). I'm glad people can't get kicked out of the country for being offensive. I'm glad people can actually have a voice. And I am glad people can have these discussions without fear of interference from the state like they might if they lived in China or Russia.

*edited for wrong word usage

And what was the whole "voice" pissing on the flag gave her, outside of showing she's a pretty shitty person to piss on a symbol which allows her opportunities most other countries don't? 

People on the internet say a lot of stuff. Almost all of them are cowards in the real world though. I'd chalk this up to just another internet thing.

JWeinCom said:
Snowflakes be getting triggered.

Didn't a snowflake recently take out a congressman with a rifle at a softball game? I'm not so sure the term snowflake applies anymore.

Clearly an overreaction, but not the worst I've seen. I mean, didn't a woman get mob murdered in Pakistan because someone SAID she burned a Qur'an? Not to divert the topic elsewhere and not opening up discussion on that, but I thought we'd set a bar that ridiculous shit has to jump to be news worthy.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

And what was the whole "voice" pissing on the flag gave her, outside of showing she's a pretty shitty person to piss on a symbol which allows her opportunities most other countries don't? 

Well, the post literally was about her saying she has the freedom to express herself however she wants. That's a pretty strong voice, if you ask me. She was extreme in her expression, but she actually captioned the picture with the following:

Freedom (of speech/expression) means that I’m entitled to do and say as I please, EVEN if you don’t like it, so long as I am not physically hurting someone – and no, your precious feelings don’t count, that’s your own problem.

Unfortunately, it's not illegal to be an asshole, lol. By purposefully pissing on a flag, she's essentially saying she has the right to be one, because she has the right to her freedom of expression as a US citizen. She's correct in that statement, and her voice is pretty loud if it's ticked off so many people, thus far.

Of course, some girl who may or may not be a dumbass should be killed for this. The use of the funnel alone was a travesty. America, either for praise or condemnation, deserves it right from the spigot.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

She should be allowed to piss on the flag as much as she wants. She's getting a use out of it at least, instead of possibly never doing anything with it.

SpokenTruth said:
The irony in here. She's expressing herself which is a core tenet of this nation. Those of you wanting her killed, deported, fined, humiliated, etc....are thereby advocating for the removal of that freedom of expression. Meaning you want America to become something it is not....just as she does.

And then she pissed all over a piece of cloth that represented that core tenet of our nation, clearly showing she doesn't respect or deserve that freedom. It's kind of like the whole "The only rule is there are no rules (except this rule)" concept. You have the right to disavow and slander whatever you want (except your right to do so).

That said, it should just be a fine. Execution for that is some North Korean level bullshit.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

onionberry said:

Well I kinda understand their sentiment, but that method is too archaic for the land of the free.

Where is this "land of the free" of which you speak?