By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Some Americans Calling for Death of Woman Who Urinated on Flag

You could say "Some Americans" about any belief or action, and it would be true.  You could also make that same statement about some number of any other demographic and also be true.  I'm sure there are some radical, obscure personalities in other countries that feel the same about her action, none of this legitimizes anything.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

There are quite a lot of non-American places that aren't the middle east nor North Korea, nor any other shit hole you could think of.

Clearly, since she still lives in America voluntarily, she likes the country, at least enough to not go to the effort of emigrating to another country, and because she likes the country, she wants it to be even better. If you try to make your kids put a bigger effort in to school for instance, that's not because you take issue with your kids and want to get rid of them. It's because you know they have potential and don't want them to waste it.

But if I pissed on my kids, it'd pretty much mean I don't like them. There are tons of other things she could have done to show her distaste for the US beyond pissing on our flag. And there are lots of non American places, but I'm trying to find one that would find it acceptable to piss on a flag.

Luckily, this wasn't her kids. It was a flag. You can only draw the comparison so far. And I can already give you a place where it's acceptable to piss on a flag - America. Damn, didn't have to go very far...

Pemalite said:
She made a political statement. Nothing should be done to her. No Jail. No Death. No Punishment.

Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom of religion... Means... You need to put up with political statements like this, because... It's Freedom.

You're allowed to do a lot of stupid things, doesn't mean you should.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

But if I pissed on my kids, it'd pretty much mean I don't like them. There are tons of other things she could have done to show her distaste for the US beyond pissing on our flag. And there are lots of non American places, but I'm trying to find one that would find it acceptable to piss on a flag.

Luckily, this wasn't her kids. It was a flag. You can only draw the comparison so far. And I can already give you a place where it's acceptable to piss on a flag - America. Damn, didn't have to go very far...

$3000 bounty and death threats kind of show the opposite of acceptibility. Maybe people shouldn't do stupid things.

Plus, you may want to look at the Flag Protection act of 1989

https://www.congress.gov/bill/101st-congress/house-bill/2978

It's not okay to piss on a flag, though people get away with it because they spout out freedom of expression. It's still illegal though whether they get punished or not.

Zkuq said:
Azuren said:

Have you been reading my posts? Because I've already said I don't care and am not offended by it. I read a comment on how it was stated that the flag could be seen as a symbol of freedom of expression, so I commented on how it's not only ironic that people want her dead over it, but that she symbolically pissed all over her right to do it in the first place.

Have you been reading my posts? I never even hinted that you might care or be offended. I was talking about people in general. I admit there's room for a misunderstanding in the last sentence because f*ck English and its passive, but it was not directed at you. I'm sorry if you took it personally because of my somewhat poor choice of words though. Anyway, as for the last part of your sentence, I direct you back to my previous post: debatable, and even then requires almost deliberately trying to see it as offensive.

No I haven't, because I'm tired and irate. I apologize.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
markodeniro said:
Puppyroach said:

Well, according to the code of conduct: "The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins).".

My point is that it's a piece of cloth and it's important that we have the right to even denegrade it, even if it means pissing on it or wearing it. 

And if she'd peed on a picture of Mohammed, I hope people would defend her right to do so aswell, or don't you agree?

I don't care what she pee's on (i don't think many people would defend her if she pee'd on Mo), She knew what she was doing she should face the consequences.  Why would i defend a total stranger?

So you oppose freedom of speech then? Or what do you mean when you say she should face to consequences for expressing her views?

Puppyroach said:
markodeniro said:

I don't care what she pee's on (i don't think many people would defend her if she pee'd on Mo), She knew what she was doing she should face the consequences.  Why would i defend a total stranger?

So you oppose freedom of speech then? Or what do you mean when you say she should face to consequences for expressing her views?

I'm opposed to the bastardization of the freedom of expression. 

Peh said:
NanakiXI said:

My flag is American made with American materials, but obviously they must all be made in China. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/american-flags-china_n_3540287.html

You're not a true patriot until you have an American flag, made from American nylon and dyes produced from American oil and petrochemicals. Made by US born workers whose families have lived there for at least 3 generations with multiple US veterans in their family. Made at a company that is soley run on American funds and soil and has been operating in the US since 1776 or earlier.

Ofcourse you also need a solid flag pole made of American harvested wood. Raise the flag briskly every morning at dawn and lower it slowly at dusk without it ever touching the ground. Have a second person standing by to receive the flag with open arms and fold it neatly for the next day. This will ensure your commitment to freedom.

SvennoJ said:
Peh said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/american-flags-china_n_3540287.html

You're not a true patriot until you have an American flag, made from American nylon and dyes produced from American oil and petrochemicals. Made by US born workers whose families have lived there for at least 3 generations with multiple US veterans in their family. Made at a company that is soley run on American funds and soil and has been operating in the US since 1776 or earlier.

Ofcourse you also need a solid flag pole made of American harvested wood. Raise the flag briskly every morning at dawn and lower it slowly at dusk without it ever touching the ground. Have a second person standing by to receive the flag with open arms and fold it neatly for the next day. This will ensure your commitment to freedom.

Because national pride is a bad thing?....

Death threats are definitely extreme for what she did, but she knew damn well what kind of attention she was gonna receive by making that post, on Independence Day no less. This is yet another example of how pathetic extremist are; they take their action, seeking out hate, and then cry victim when they get it. Just a shitty tactic people use to make the opposing side look bad. I mean what else can she do? She probably couldn't win an argument with a second grader by legitimate means. Like I said, people are being way too aggressive over this, but for her: don't poke the hornet's nest and then cry like a little bitch when you get stung.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon