By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of the Wild first DLC is very underwhelming :(

Tagged games:

AMIRITE?

Finally some honesty. 70 47.95%

Shut up! 76 52.05%

Total:146

Botw has so many things wrong. The durability, the dlc armor not upgradable?? WHY NINTENDO? Tell me just one reason beside of all the devs were on LSD while making the dlc. Also amiibo armor not upgradable? Why? I want my full armor up with dark link. But no. Oh i forgott. The LSD.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
This DLC is clearly made for a full 2nd or 1st playthrough. Just getting the items on an already 100 hour file won't add anything. I for one, can't wait to play for a 2nd time when I get the Switch + BotW DLC.

Agree, I finished game on Wii U and 2nd playthrough will be on Switch with all DLCs.

Pagan said:

Botw has so many things wrong. The durability, the dlc armor not upgradable?? WHY NINTENDO? Tell me just one reason beside of all the devs were on LSD while making the dlc. Also amiibo armor not upgradable? Why? I want my full armor up with dark link. But no. Oh i forgott. The LSD.

The durability is one of most important things in game. And point that DLC armor is not upgradable is real deal breaker of game. :D

finalrpgfantasy said:
FunFan said:

Still better than anything on PS4.

What the hell are you playing on your PS4?

Not the Witcher III

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

i think it's hard to tell how overpriced it is, since half the content of the dlc isn't out yet.

FunFan said:

Still better than anything on PS4, but after the amazing DLC for games such as Splatoon and MK8 i had high hopes for this. Like Undead Nightmare kinds of high, since Zelda is an open world game. Instead what we got is more in line with what I'd expect from a lazy dev. The new dificulty should had been there from the begining, as well as the many improvements/additions so those don't count. What we get instead is a challenge dungeon, which is something Wind Waker had even on the original Gamecube release. Of course, the new trials are a huge improvement and I was a big fan of Eventide but game + dlc is 80 freaking bucks. Not worth it so far. The next DLC better deliver and make up for those extra $20.

User moderated - Bristow9091

Lol.

Anyway, I thought that both DLCs were 20$ together, not 20$ each.

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:
i think it's hard to tell how overpriced it is, since half the content of the dlc isn't out yet.

I think its because we got hung over the fact the first pack is the way it is and the price for Zelda's DLC is $20, the fact that its part of a 2-pack is a bit glossed over at times.

it looked disappointing from the start.
That's why I didn't buy it. We'll see how things turns out with the second pack, but it doesn't really look better.

We all knew that the main reason to get the DLC was the second pack. This first pack isn't what we payed €$20 for. Just wait a bit longer before you give a final judgement. Besides, the game as a whole is definitely worth 80 anyway so I don't really mind the price.

Also, I actually like the Hero's Path.

maxleresistant said:
it looked disappointing from the start.
That's why I didn't buy it. We'll see how things turns out with the second pack, but it doesn't really look better.

We haven't even seen anything in regards to the second pack so we can't really judge it for now.

Dlc can inherently not be a good deal, but only because you compare it to the main product which has way more content for the price.

The thing is that when you sell dlc you are cutting apart your consumer Base. Only those who already own the game can buy the dlc. How many will? Who knows. Point is that the developers have to account for less volume of sales on the dlc than on the base game. Less volume of sales = more profit needed per sale made. To make up for it.

The reason why publisher like season passes so much is that they can get the money up front and then calculate how much they can spend to develop the dlc while still turning a profit. Think of it like a kickstarter with stretch goals.