By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of the Wild first DLC is very underwhelming :(

Tagged games:

AMIRITE?

Finally some honesty. 70 47.95%

Shut up! 76 52.05%

Total:146

Still better than anything on PS4, but after the amazing DLC for games such as Splatoon and MK8 i had high hopes for this. Like Undead Nightmare kinds of high, since Zelda is an open world game. Instead what we got is more in line with what I'd expect from a lazy dev. The new dificulty should had been there from the begining, as well as the many improvements/additions so those don't count. What we get instead is a challenge dungeon, which is something Wind Waker had even on the original Gamecube release. Of course, the new trials are a huge improvement and I was a big fan of Eventide but game + dlc is 80 freaking bucks. Not worth it so far. The next DLC better deliver and make up for those extra $20.

User moderated - Bristow9091

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Lol, that 1st comment... Also, I didn't buy it myself, but the 1st set of dlc for BotW sure seems disappointing.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Pretty sure it was just to help people get something before the actual dlc pack came

RolStoppable said:
That the first DLC pack would be underwhelming was clear when it got announced in February. But maybe it wasn't clear to you.

Sorry, my bad. Is just that when I heard Nintendo would compete more closely with modern consoles I didn't think it would be this close.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I liked it a lot. Trial of the Sword was fun and it was like Eventide Island 3.0.
Master Mode is easy though.

Around the Network

This DLC is clearly made for a full 2nd or 1st playthrough. Just getting the items on an already 100 hour file won't add anything. I for one, can't wait to play for a 2nd time when I get the Switch + BotW DLC.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

FunFan said:

Still better than anything on PS4

Lol, have you played anything on your ps4?

Cloudman said:
Lol, that 1st comment... Also, I didn't buy it myself, but the 1st set of dlc for BotW sure seems disappointing.

Can't win the Console Warz without attacking, you know.

Still, it is pretty funny watching someone attempt to derail their own thread from the first sentence.  

FunFan said:

Still better than anything on PS4.

What the hell are you playing on your PS4?

Mar1217 said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

What the hell are you playing on your PS4?

Life of the black tiger

Wow, this is GOTY material.