By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 PS4 vs Monster Hunter World (MH5) in Japan

Tagged games:

Which will sell more on PS4

MHW 45 30.41%

DQ11 103 69.59%

Total:148
Kerotan said:
DQ might win but people keep saying because MH does best on handheld. Well same goes for DQ.

The thing which might tip this in MHW'S favour is it's exclusive to ps4. DQ11 is on 3DS and switch version announced to come later.

Err no DQ traditionally has always been on the best selling platform in Japan DS was the only portable platform a mainline DQ was on before 3DS and both these platforms stick true to that tradition, DQ is only doing well on portables because they're the top selling platforms in Japan's modern gaming by miles this is not the same as MH which purely took off because of portable gaming and the traits it brought.

MHW won't be able to emulate the portable traits and lan style gatherings that MH is driven by in Japan, DQ on the other hand doesn't have this issue as the DQ following was never strictly tied to portable features.

Around the Network

I'm going to say Dragon Quest will do better.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

DQ11 will easily win with platforms combined, but the PS4 version alone might not be able to sell better than MHW.

I still think Dragon Quest will win though, but it will be close.

DQ: 1.6m
MH: 1m

Would be my estimates.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I believe that Dragon Quest will sell more, as it's been a while since IX, while we've got quite a bit of Monster Hunter recently.

Around the Network

DQ11 wins.

Dragon Quest 11: Now in japan and soooo big on PS4 !!! Amazing ratings.
Monster Hunter World: Maybe in march 2018 in japan.
Both 2018 in the west for PS4. the big winner are the GAMER : )

PS: Persona 5 has now 1,8 million units worldwide. Lifetime, maybe more than 2,2 million. For DQ 11 on PS4 - more than 2 million worldwide, lifetime. That is my prediction now.

DQXI will win easily :)

I honestly can't tell. The difference between MH and Dragon Quest at this moment is one is available on 2 popular devices, and the other will be available on one popular device. So there's more competition for Dragon Quest XI than there will be for MHW. I think I'll say Monster Hunter World.

DQXI - great japanese PS4 tv spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWWy7fQi7E