By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 PS4 vs Monster Hunter World (MH5) in Japan

Tagged games:

Which will sell more on PS4

MHW 45 30.41%

DQ11 103 69.59%

Total:148

Monster hunter is killing it and has rave reviews, but if were talking japan only, Dragon Quest is a phenomenon there.  The country takes the day off work for release day...  Hard to combat that type of tradition.

Around the Network

Everyone including Capcom has been surprised by the success of MH, nothing indicated this kind of success. Gloating about this is like gloating about a won coin flip. And who says that DQ11 can't have surprising sales? That's out on even more platforms after all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Everyone including Capcom has been surprised by the success of MH, nothing indicated this kind of success. Gloating about this is like gloating about a won coin flip. And who says that DQ11 can't have surprising sales? That's out on even more platforms after all.

Not in japan.... Monster Hunter World is exclusive to the PS4 there.
There where indicators that MHW would do well, before hand though, so I dont think its fair to call it a winning a coin flip.

The beta got alot of attention, and everyone was impressived to see MHW finally show some meaningfull advancement in terms of gameplay/graphics/physics/A.I & monsters/Maps ect.

I just went to my local to buy MHW and its sold out xD. You have to reserve copies if you want one atm. Lots new players are picking this up.

vivster said:

Lol just sit down at tye table and eat that crow. You said Dq11 would easily win . There was no mention of it being close or a coin flip. 

Looks like mhw will beat Dq11 3ds version too and even the original splatoon on the wii u. Mighty. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Lol just sit down at tye table and eat that crow. You said Dq11 would easily win . There was no mention of it being close or a coin flip. 

Looks like mhw will beat Dq11 3ds version too and even the original splatoon on the wii u. Mighty. 

Hm... so this thread is only about Japan and only PS4 sales? That's boring. Well, then I'm gonna eat my poor malnourished Japanese crow.

I will vow to not let my Nintendo fanboy blood influence my predictions from here on out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

Hm... so this thread is only about Japan and only PS4 sales? That's boring. Well, then I'm gonna eat my poor malnourished Japanese crow.

I will vow to not let my Nintendo fanboy blood influence my predictions from here on out.

Thats the spirit. And yes is the answer to tye above questions.. Bon appetite! 

I predict dq11 will easily win just like it did agaisnt splat2! ;)

tbone51 said:

DQ doesn't have to win anything when it's already the best game of this gen.

vivster said:
tbone51 said:

DQ doesn't have to win anything when it's already the best game of this gen.

Woah woah people have opinions but best game this gen is on 3ds but its not DQ :P