By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 PS4 vs Monster Hunter World (MH5) in Japan

Tagged games:

Which will sell more on PS4

MHW 45 30.41%

DQ11 103 69.59%

Total:148
vivster said:
Mar1217 said:
Monster Hunter is a handheld centric franchise so it's definitely going to be lower than expected.

DQ wins.

It's a handheld centric franchise because the majority of mainline games have been released on home console?

Still easy win for DQ.

Not but because biggest popularity franchise ever had on handheld devices.

Around the Network

DQ Wins.

DQ might win but people keep saying because MH does best on handheld. Well same goes for DQ.

The thing which might tip this in MHW'S favour is it's exclusive to ps4. DQ11 is on 3DS and switch version announced to come later.

The person who leaked MH World on 4chan said also that there is a MH5 for the Switch comming. MHW is not MH5.

Pagan said:

The person who leaked MH World on 4chan said also that there is a MH5 for the Switch comming. MHW is not MH5.

The leak has been proven fake.  There was so much he got wrong it was crazy. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
DQ might win but people keep saying because MH does best on handheld. Well same goes for DQ.

The thing which might tip this in MHW'S favour is it's exclusive to ps4. DQ11 is on 3DS and switch version announced to come later.

DQ does well on the handheld, like most popular Japanese games, but the way the games are set up is a lot different. Monster Hunter is a game with a near non-existent story that puts a huge emphasis on co-op gameplay, which lends itself much better to a portable experience, which sales of the franchise confirm. Dragon Quest is (typically) a JPRG with a much stronger emphasis on its story and solo gameplay. The latter can work on a handheld as well, but the point as I see it is that a game known to sell well on both formats is much more likely to outsell a game that primarily sells on a different format. I do think World will be the best selling console MH...but outselling Dragon Quest seems too much to me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

DQ wins mostly because MH is a handheld centric franchise.

if the game was really called mh5, i'd say it would probably beat dq11 counting ps4, pc and xone, but under the name of world, i don't think so, cause no matter what capcom says people still believe this is a spin off and that a mh5 is coming.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

F.Scofield said:
if the game was really called mh5, i'd say it would probably beat dq11 counting ps4, pc and xone, but under the name of world, i don't think so, cause no matter what capcom says people still believe this is a spin off and that a mh5 is coming.

This thread is about Japan and MHW is ps4 exclusive there. 

Worldwide: Dragon Quest 11 for PS4 wins, i think :)