By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 PS4 vs Monster Hunter World (MH5) in Japan

Tagged games:

Which will sell more on PS4

MHW 45 30.41%

DQ11 103 69.59%

Total:148

Right now Capcom is more likely to do something stupid than Square Enix, so Dragon quest

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

i think monster hunter could win the race

I think the fact it's not actually called Monster Hunter 5 will have an impact on sales.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

KrspaceT said:
Right now Capcom is more likely to do something stupid than Square Enix, so Dragon quest

i want more new big Games or Survival Horror Games by Capcom *-*

Mar1217 said:
Monster Hunter is a handheld centric franchise so it's definitely going to be lower than expected.

DQ wins.

Nope  

Miyamotoo said:
DQ11 easily, MH is much more popular game on handheld.

Lol mh won easily. 

vivster said:
Mar1217 said:
Monster Hunter is a handheld centric franchise so it's definitely going to be lower than expected.

DQ wins.

It's a handheld centric franchise because the majority of mainline games have been released on home console?

Still easy win for DQ.

Easy win for mh 

Wyrdness said:
DQ easily MH's following are mainly portable gamers.

Xen said:
DQ Wins.

Jpcc86 said:
DQ wins mostly because MH is a handheld centric franchise.

greencactaur said:
I'm going to say Dragon Quest will do better.

VGPolyglot said:
I believe that Dragon Quest will sell more, as it's been a while since IX, while we've got quite a bit of Monster Hunter recently.

KazumaKiryu said:
DQ11 wins.

boypita said:
DQXI will win easily :)

radishhead said:
I think the fact it's not actually called Monster Hunter 5 will have an impact on sales.

A lot of crow in this thread.. I was one of the few who called mh to win.. Safe to ssy mhw beat vgchartz expectations..

Around the Network

I think mhw will sell more

All those gamers who dont know anything,i have been predicting since mhw got annouced it would be the best selling ps4 game in japan. Gamers are sick and tired of those old graphics and slow/sluggish playstyle. Mhw plays and looks great yet still have that monster hunter feel. Cant wait for dq11 thou

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
All those gamers who dont know anything,i have been predicting since mhw got annouced it would be the best selling ps4 game in japan. Gamers are sick and tired of those old graphics and slow/sluggish playstyle. Mhw plays and looks great yet still have that monster hunter feel. Cant wait for dq11 thou

At least somebody had faith. Nice prediction. 

Had to check if I made a comment in this thread and would need to eat crow. Luckly that wasnt the case. Monster Hunter World did better than most thought it would.

Right now DQ11 in japan is ~1,75m for 3DS, and ~1.34m for PS4 right?

And first 3days (retail only) for Monster Hunter World in japan, is ~1,35m sales.
(Famitsu predicts total sales will exceed two million if digital copies are included.)

So yeah PS4 only, MHW > DQ11 in japan atm.

In just 3 days it flew by the DQ11.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 01 February 2018

Kerotan said:
xl-klaudkil said:

At least somebody had faith. Nice prediction. 

Not about faith just knowledge of research.

In 2014 i predicted a resurge for the japanese game market for the west, i predicited the physical indie boom( lrg ftw!)

I predicted sony would focus a lot more on exclusives and thirdparty partnerships,i also talked about ps4 beating ps3 sales in japan.

I remember getting a lot of hate for it, even a block on twitter by a certain person who thought he knew better.

And now where in 2018 and i whas right.

Feels good :)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil