By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo leads Japan's First 6 Months of Sales

zorg1000 said:
PAOerfulone said:
What Europe is for Sony, Japan is for Nintendo.

Japan=Nintendomination

Europe=Sonydomination

America=random

Worldwide = Sonydomination

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

and that is why sony will always win. 

3/6 Sony platforms have won their gen, so thus far their loss/win ratio is 50-50.

RolStoppable said:
RavenXtra said:

Changed the title to be less provocative.

Are people really this sensitive when it comes to positive Nintendo news? The word "dominate" is appropriate when Nintendo has the best-selling hardware on top of the 3DS still going strong, plus NIntendo's first party games occupy 5 slots of the top 10 and even 4 of the top 5. Third party games included, Nintendo platforms have 8 of the top 10 games. Here's the source which should be added to the OP:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-05-nintendo-dominates-japans-top-10-selling-games-of-the-year-so-far

When the word "dominate" is used in accordance to its meaning (winning by a significant margin), then that's not provocative, but merely an accurate description of the data.

I'd rather not give anyone reason to get distracted and just take the thread for it's content rather than it's title. Besides, I wouldn't call carrying 1st place by a less than 200k margin "dominating" anyway.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

no it didnt, Switch crossed the 1 million mark in less than half the time it took Wii U in Japan so its not at all a similar situation.

Yes, but the Wii U was a huge failure, so it doesn't count. Look at the PS4 and you'll see that good sales are normal.

im just pointing out that hes wrong about Wii U having a great start

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

im just pointing out that hes wrong about Wii U having a great start

*shakes head in disbelief*

When will you ever learn?

yeah........just caught on lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Mandalore76 said:

You probably wonder how many bicycles were sold when car sales figures are announced too.

Sometimes yes. Especially when someone claims that cars dominate while not mentioning bike sales.

Yeah. Me too. Those people who say shoe sales dominate without even paying attention to t-shirt sales... ugh. What idiots.

The DS made a huge comeback this year. Sony better take note or else it may trump that insane PS4 comeback too.

Thats really bad against @ 4 year old ' console"

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Typically what happens when a new console launch, Wii U did great as well

For comparison, Switch with huge stock issues managed to hit first 1m twice faster than Wii U.

Race to 1 million:
-GBA: 3 weeks
-NDS: 4 weeks
-PS2: 5 weeks
-WII: 6 weeks
-3DS: 13 weeks
-PSP: 14 weeks
-SWI: 17 weeks
-NGC: 17 weeks
-N64: 29 weeks
-PS1: more than 30 weeks
-WIU: 34 weeks
-PS3: 36 weeks
-PSV: 43 weeks
-DC: 45 weeks
-PS4: 49 weeks

RolStoppable said:
RavenXtra said:

I'd rather not give anyone reason to get distracted and just take the thread for it's content rather than it's title. Besides, I wouldn't call carrying 1st place by a less than 200k margin "dominating" anyway.

The original title was "Nintendo dominates (...)," not "Switch dominates (...)." That was an accurate reflection of the thread's content.

Exactly, here it's not point only about Switch, but that Nintendo is dominating Japan in first 6 months in Japan with hardware and top software sales, and thats fact. There is nothing provacating about that when even eurogamer used that headline.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-05-nintendo-dominates-japans-top-10-selling-games-of-the-year-so-far

It might start looking ugly once Splatoon 2 drops. Tis a shame they didn't have a proper Animal Crossing for holiday season in Japan because then it would be a massacre.