By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo titles are AAA?

Triple A is only a marketing term. If you got a good game I love it, if you don't I'll dislike it. I don't necessarily think their games are worth 60 dollars though. For example the upcoming Yoshi platformer + the new Kirby platformer being 60 dollars both is a bit pricey. IMO ofc

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

AAAs are overrated. GTA 5 is AAA and the game was beyond dull to me.

Triple A, you have the main Mario games, 3D Zelda adventure games, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and that should be it outside of Pokemon.

Popular and heavily pushed games like Splatoon and ARMs are still probably middle of the road development budgets. Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade now also found under that grouping. You call that AA

The next tier is the experimental group, more often or not passion projects or lower groups.

Mar1217 said:
Jumpin said:

AAA stands for: A lot of time, A lot of resources, and A lot of money.

So, essentially what STAGE said. Being popular and high selling is usually the result of a title being AAA, but it is not what makes it a AAA. Many AAA titles are not particularly ambitious, and are often clones of other big budget games with no ambition to go outside the formula.

Well, that's just you, cuz I don't stand by this definition.

You prefer alternate facts?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

This year
Zelda BOTW
Splatoon 2
Mario Oddesey
Xenoblade
Arms

You could also count MK8 DE I guess but the marketing and development budget for thst fame wheren't very high since its a port.Although it's a very successful one.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar