By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

RJ_Sizzle said:
Pyro as Bill said:
If you want cheaper games pay the 2nd hand price. Personally I prefer it if publishers didn't destroy the resale/trade-in value of my game collection.

Then it's time to start looking at video games as recreation as opposed to some financial investment.

Bingo! 

And on Playstation you can do this. 

So triple A game launches in November.  2 weeks later it's on a Christmas sale on psn for $40. So you only have to wait a few weeks and it's already nicely discounted.  If you really care about better trade in value just wait 2 weeks and get it on sale.  

Around the Network

I actually know people who bought bf4 for $5 on psn and then went to the store and traded in their retail copy for $20. So they actually made money through the sale.

16 hours since the last update

HARDWARE:
#17 PS4 UC4 (up 2)
#18 NS Neon  (down 5)
#26 NS Grey (down 3) 
#39 N3DS Galaxy Style (down 2)
#57 PS4 Pro (up 2) 
#83 NS Gra(up 4)
#88 XB1 Halo 5 + Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition (down 13)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**
#51 3DS Miitopia (up 5)
#58 3DS Hey! PIKMIN (up 10)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
3DS: in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Hey Poklane pokemon ultra sun/moon is at #48. I tried to do update adding it earlier but the formatting came out bad.

Shadow1980 said:
Here's the update to the monthly rankings (seven days since last update):

PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle: #4 (↓2)
XBO 500GB (plus Ghost Recon & Amazon gift card): #5 (—)
Switch (neon): #7 (↑2)
Switch (grey): #8 (↓1)

XBO 1TB Halo Wars 2 bundle: #52 (↓14)
New 3DS XL (Galaxy): #58 (↑21)
PS4 Pro: #82 (↑3)
PS4 Pro 1TB Destiny 2 bundle: #98 (↓15)

Slightly surprised PS4 is still ahead in the monthly.

Maybe the Switch wont win the month by as much as I thought.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Shadow1980 said:
Here's the update to the monthly rankings (seven days since last update):

PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle: #4 (↓2)
XBO 500GB (plus Ghost Recon & Amazon gift card): #5 (—)
Switch (neon): #7 (↑2)
Switch (grey): #8 (↓1)

XBO 1TB Halo Wars 2 bundle: #52 (↓14)
New 3DS XL (Galaxy): #58 (↑21)
PS4 Pro: #82 (↑3)
PS4 Pro 1TB Destiny 2 bundle: #98 (↓15)

Don't be too surprised; it looks like only Amazon and Walmart got stock this month.

Didn't GameStop and Best Buy also get a fresh supply in for Splatoon 2's launch?

Insidb said:
JRPGfan said:

Don't be too surprised; it looks like only Amazon and Walmart got stock this month.

Prime day was also this month, so Amazon won't be very accurate. 

Case in point XBO is ahead of the Switch.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

it's easier to keep prices high for your first party games when they have such little competition on your console

looks like Uncharted is going to do well, high up already with a month still to go before release. I reckon it will enter the yearly chart by the end of this week

jason1637 said:
Hey Poklane pokemon ultra sun/moon is at #48. I tried to do update adding it earlier but the formatting came out bad.

software only gets included in the ranking if:

1. It's yet to be released this month
  2. It's yet to be released and in the top 20

Pokémon Ultra Sun + Ultra Moon steelbook is 48th, so it doesn't get included with the rankings.