By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems that Platinum Games is teasing Bayonetta 1+2 for Switch

I hope Nintendo signs 3 PG exclusives for the Switch: Wonderful 102, Bayo 3 and a brand new IP

3 Platinum games would most def justify a Switch purchase.

MegaDrive08 said:
Zelda Breath Of The Wild is a WiiU game ported to the Switch, Nintendo is giving me no reason to put money down on it, Mario Oddyssey and Xenoblade 2 are the only games i would be interested in, in that list.
Right now its turning into a port machine.

Basically, I'd also expect Smash 4 and Mario Maker eventually. I think some of these ports should've come right after Zeruda launched, and not only 1st party, Switch owners are thirsty for more games. Games like SF2, Disgaea 5 etc are really doing well because of the absence of bigger games.

I bet a port of W101 right now would sell 10x more than on the Wii U.

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
These WiiU ports are getting a bit ridiculous, i would be annoyed if i was a Switch owner that owned a WiiU, they should be bringing new games not old ones, make Bayonetta 3!

You mean new games like Zelda, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon...

Or perhaps you meant third party partners bringing games like Shin Megami Tensei V, Lost Sphere, Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Sonic Lost World....

The majority of the Switch's library this year is not ports (Zelda is cross gen).  And it's not like this is new.  PS4 had a significant number of ports in its first 12 months as well.  Difference of course being that the Nintendo is bringing three of its strongest IPs to the fray with new entries plus a significant new IP plus a new crossover plus an entry in a very ambitious RPG franchise.  Sony's 2013 and 2014 showing was nowhere near this fleshed out.

So no, they're not getting ridiculous.  And I owned a Wii U.  Really don't care.  In fact, I am glad to see ports like Pokken and Bayo 2, games that deserve a second shot on a platform with far better sales.  Also makes sense if they are testing the waters for a potential Bayo 3 deal.

twintail said:
Theres no way SEGA allows Bayo 3 to be exclusive, or they really are idiots.

Given that they're fully funding and controlling it themselves, sure.

OT: If Bayo 1+2 were ported, would certainly pick them up, only played 2 but would be a nice excuse to replay it.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

MegaDrive08 said:
These WiiU ports are getting a bit ridiculous, i would be annoyed if i was a Switch owner that owned a WiiU, they should be bringing new games not old ones, make Bayonetta 3!

I dont see any reason why they could do Bayonetta 1/2 remasters and working on Bayonetta 3 in same time.

HintHRO said:
Nintendo does realize half of the games on Switch are already on Wii U right? How long are they gonna continue with this?

Who really cares when they are selling and Switch lineup is getting stronger with each port of some great Wii U game. You need to realise that there were only 13.5m Wii U owners  huge majority of future Switch owners didnt had Wii U and for them Wii U ports are basicly new games. You need to consider that only 13.5m people had Wii U, it not like there are 100 m Wii U owners so that plenty of people played those games, huge majority of future Switch owners didn't had Wii U.

MegaDrive08 said:
Jranation said:

It should be a good thing. This opens to a different audience who just plays on the go. It shows that handhelds can now handle these types of games

Its making the Switch look like a glorified WiiU, a port machine, it needs original content, i have no reason right now to buy a Switch.

Lotsa people didn't know that Wii U existed on 1s place, you need to realise that only 13.5m people had Wii U, it not like there are 100m Wii U owners so that plenty of people played those games, huge majority of future Switch owners didnt had Wii U and for them Wii U ports are basicly new games. Despite its not original game, Zelda BotW is brand new game not port of some old game, ARMS is original content, same as Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem, Mario and Rabbids, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey, so you see there are solid number of new games in first 10 monts of Switch even for Wii U owners.

Nuvendil said:
MegaDrive08 said:

You mean new games like Zelda, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon...

Or perhaps you meant third party partners bringing games like Shin Megami Tensei V, Lost Sphere, Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Sonic Lost World....

The majority of the Switch's library this year is not ports (Zelda is cross gen).  And it's not like this is new.  PS4 had a significant number of ports in its first 12 months as well.  Difference of course being that the Nintendo is bringing three of its strongest IPs to the fray with new entries plus a significant new IP plus a new crossover plus an entry in a very ambitious RPG franchise.  Sony's 2013 and 2014 showing was nowhere near this fleshed out.

So no, they're not getting ridiculous.  And I owned a Wii U.  Really don't care.  In fact, I am glad to see ports like Pokken and Bayo 2, games that deserve a second shot on a platform with far better sales.  Also makes sense if they are testing the waters for a potential Bayo 3 deal.

Sonic Lost World was a Wii U game.

I'm guessing you mean either Sonic Forces or Sonic Mania.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Theres no way SEGA allows Bayo 3 to be exclusive, or they really are idiots.

Good thing Sega are idiots.  I keed, I keed.

Seriously though, Nintendo should just outright buy the IP from Sega or co-own it like with Fatal Frame; not because it's going to be some kind of great selling IP but because Nintendo invested a lot into it during the Wii U era with Bayonetta 1+2 along with a Smash appearance.  They put in the work and now there's a notable audience for the IP on Nintendo platforms on par with Fire Emblem or Xenoblade that will also help add a good amount of diversity to Nintendo's typical offerings.

Hmmmm......

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Switch getting so many ports..

Me not complaining though loved bayo 2 will definitely buy it on switch.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Sorry double  post!  

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

MegaDrive08 said:
Zelda Breath Of The Wild is a WiiU game ported to the Switch, Nintendo is giving me no reason to put money down on it, Mario Oddyssey and Xenoblade 2 are the only games i would be interested in, in that list.
Right now its turning into a port machine.

You're one of the 13 or so million people who owned a Wii U. Out of those 13 million, it seems at least half are keen on buying port.   The dedicated gaming device market is, figuring conservatively, 100 million strong.  

That means there are about 6-7 million people who will be turned off by these ports, and about 93 million who have never played the games.  

I'd much rather have more original games, but from a business perspective, it makes a lot of sense.