By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With the success of the Crash Bandicoot remake, what are Spyro's chances?

Tagged games:

I hope they do it. This feels like an ideal timespan to start reviving classic Ps1 IP, Sony should look at their own catalogue as well.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Would this remastered collection by PS exclusive again?

Given its comparable circumstances it'd probably involve a similar deal. We don't know the specifics for Crash yet, but a minimum of a timed exclusive for Spyro seems like a reasonable assumption. 

YES to all this

I bet Shawn Layden will wear a Spyro shirt at PSX and everyone will lose their shit lmao.

-CTR
-Spyro trilogy
-Gex Remake
-Tekken 3 remake
-Pokemon Stadium 3
-DKR2

gimme errythang

Turkish said:
I bet Shawn Layden will wear a Spyro shirt at PSX and everyone will lose their shit lmao.

-CTR
-Spyro trilogy
-Gex Remake
-Tekken 3 remake
-Pokemon Stadium 3
-DKR2

gimme errythang

Lol, I don't know what I would be happy with more, T3 or Spyro remade. I killed so much time in both, and I love both to bits.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Both owned by Activison, both had a trilogy of games on the PS1 and both in dire need of a renaissance.

Crash was announced for it's 20th anniversay, Spyro's 20th is next year...

They will probably have a guy with a spyro t-shirt this psx which will cause hype for it's announcement next year probably at E3. I'd say we'll very likely see CTR remade with online multiplayer incorporated too.  I'd say they do spyro first then crash. 

Forget spyro let's talk about CTR remaster next.

Crash Bandicoot Remake was announced in 2016 (Crash's 20th anniversary). Next year will mark Spyro's 20th anniversary, so who knows. ;) I also want to see VV work on a Remake of Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash in the future too. ^^

Kyuu said:
Kerotan said:

They will probably have a guy with a spyro t-shirt this psx which will cause hype for it's announcement next year probably at E3. I'd say we'll very likely see CTR remade with online multiplayer incorporated too.  I'd say they do spyro first then crash. 

The success of N. Sane Trilogy has more to do with nostlgia and old Naughty Dog's design language than the new developer. Vicarious Visions seem to have done a great job renewing the games while not straying from the roots, and paying attention to the little things that matter. But It goes without saying, it's not as difficult to remake a game than to create a brand new one. Nitro Kart, which sucked big time, was also developed by Vicarious Visions..

I can see Activision taking advantage of the hype generated from this (and possibly Spyro Trilogy in the future) to later bring us all-new, but crappy, Crash and Spyro games. In other words history might repeat itself :P They're capitalizing on Naughty Dog's original design.

I wish Crash and Spyro would go back to the hands of the developers that made them special; Naughty Dog (or Sony), and Insomniac.

All I'm saying is a CTR game with really good car customisation like rocket league and the ability to race together online.  So the same as back in the day with coach Co op but online. 

Crash's (apparent) success certainly makes a Spyro remaster more likely than it would have been a few weeks ago. But, Spyro was never anywhere close to the level of Crash's significance.

I don't know how much Activision spent on the Crash trilogy. If these enhanced remasters (for lack of a better term) are cheap, and they see easy money in Spyro, then it will be made. Otherwise, I think it is unlikely.