By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash bandicoot outsells horizon launch week in a couple days UK

That's very good. Can it do 1m FW WW guys? After the UK opening, it will be interesting to see WW numbers.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
estebxx said:
Congratz to Miyasaki and everyone at From for crafting another masterpiece.

lmao

Wait this outsold every mario platformer week 1 ? THAT  i don't believe 

UK is Nintendo's weakest market. EU is already pretty bad for Nintendo, but UK is the worst of all the bads. I mean, apparently no Mario has sold over 100k Week 1 there. That's a pretty low bar to beat.

Regardless, it's still a very impressive FW from Crash. I think it shows how strong PS is in today's market, and in Europe. I hope this encourages Nintendo and other devs to make HD/4K collections instead of individual games remasters. Wink wink Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection wink.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

So weird. I've always considered Crash games to be very mediocre. Straight from the first one it just seemed like a poor man's answer to mario.

Great!! Now, bring on Spyro!

Next news: Crarsh Bandicoot N' sane trilogy is the biggest game activision has make outsold call of duty first week sales!
First person shooter "Call of Crash N' sane warfare" coming, with actually good story this time because Sony

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Damn, that's great!

I just hope it doesn't become expensive and rare as fuck like GR Remastered... still looking for it at a decent price.

Oh? What do you mean? Is it expensive in the US?

This is just an example listing from Germany: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravity-Rush-Remastered-PS4-Spiel-Abenteuer-NEU-/391825410762?epid=218446481&hash=item5b3a9d4aca:g:Bt4AAOSwbtVZT60w

I myself got a copy in the Czech Rep. for about the same price (retail)

Slownenberg said:
So weird. I've always considered Crash games to be very mediocre. Straight from the first one it just seemed like a poor man's answer to mario.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I was never into Crash either, the easter egg in Uncharted 4 didn't do anything for me, and watching a bit of gameplay leaves me cold. That said, I'm currently playing a very basic 90's retro Descent style rogue like shooter. There's something about hard games that's appealing. Crash is probably the same yet 1000x more mainstream than Cavernous wastes. (It has sold about 90 copies so far)

Hopefully it'll have long legs as well and that it's just not front loaded due to nostalgia. But I wouldn't see this as a return of the platform genre; other platform games would be doing better then, and let's not forget that this is ONE country. But I do hope Activision wisens up and starts pushing out new (great!) Bandicoot games!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The original on ps1 sold like nearly 7 million lifetime. Imagine how many of the kids from the ps1 days grew up and are ready to consume this trilogy out of pure nostalgia. Crap... I was one of those kids too. They chose the perfect time to bring this back.

DanneSandin said:
Hopefully it'll have long legs as well and that it's just not front loaded due to nostalgia. But I wouldn't see this as a return of the platform genre; other platform games would be doing better then, and let's not forget that this is ONE country. But I do hope Activision wisens up and starts pushing out new (great!) Bandicoot games!

The real question is can activision developers push the envelope on naughty dogs trilogy? I would be a bit worried to be honest. They've got the nostalgia on their side so hopefully they can capitalize on it.