By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash bandicoot outsells horizon launch week in a couple days UK

It's the 2nd biggest launch for this year in the UK including multi-platform titles.

So it's somewhere between 166k and 198k for it's FW at retail in the UK. (Horizon and Ghost Recon)

Around the Network
twintail said:
konnichiwa said:
Good we need more platform games, hope Naughty dog goes back to platform games.

Eh I dont see why ppl still ask this. ND is not the same company it was during the PS1 and PS2 era. I honestly question whether platforming would be their strong suit. I mean, I am sure they wll make a good game regardless of the genre, but I reckon someone else would be a better fit for this.

But you never know I guess. 

Because as a child I got Crash bandicoot for Christmas, the year after I got crash 2, the year after Crash Warped , year after CTR, Year after Crash bash, then Jax/JD2-3.  I always looked forward to the next game from them basically the same with Rare Platform games but both are simply stopping makes those games and I really really dislike the Uncharted/last of us games while sales like this collection show that people want platform games. 

Well Horizon is a bore so I'm not suprised.

I didn't actually expect this for Crash, but it does make sense. People forget just how big he was. He genuinely managed to reach pop culture status, something Nathan Drake and all these cinematic Sony games never have or will achieve. Spyro did too to a lesser extent.

It also speaks volumes of how Sega need to stop oversaturating the market with shitty Sonic games and just have a massive rethink of the whole thing. Sonic Mania is a great start, but I fear Sonic Forces might leave an all too familiar taste in peoples mouths. It's certainly not going to perform like the N Sane Trilogy, of that I'm certain.

JRPGfan said:
On neogaf someone said over 166k.
Not sure if thats right but thats alot in the UK for a opening week.

f.eks:
[Week 47, 2009] NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII (NINTENDO) - 79,000 / NEW
[Week 23, 2010] SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 (NINTENDO) - 77,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2009] SUPER MARIO GALAXY (NINTENDO) - No Data less than 100k

To people downplaying this, this is bigger than most Mario Game launches are in the UK.

ZhugeEx just twitted it:

Thats kinda crazy.  The power of nostalgia & a resonable price.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
JRPGfan said:
On neogaf someone said over 166k.
Not sure if thats right but thats alot in the UK for a opening week.

f.eks:
[Week 47, 2009] NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII (NINTENDO) - 79,000 / NEW
[Week 23, 2010] SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 (NINTENDO) - 77,000 / NEW
[Week 46, 2009] SUPER MARIO GALAXY (NINTENDO) - No Data less than 100k

To people downplaying this, this is bigger than most Mario Game launches are in the UK.

ZhugeEx just twitted it:

Thats kinda crazy.

The numbers above seem to have confirmed it (missing data considered), but having it put to words has more of an impact.

That's crazy. I'm hoping this is not only a Crash thing but part of a comeback to platformers. Shows you how strong Sony is in Europe!

In other news, extreme supply shortages for nostalgia goggle manufacturers world wide.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LethalP said:

I didn't actually expect this for Crash, but it does make sense. People forget just how big he was. He genuinely managed to reach pop culture status, something Nathan Drake and all these cinematic Sony games never have or will achieve. Spyro did too to a lesser extent.

It also speaks volumes of how Sega need to stop oversaturating the market with shitty Sonic games and just have a massive rethink of the whole thing. Sonic Mania is a great start, but I fear Sonic Forces might leave an all too familiar taste in peoples mouths. It's certainly not going to perform like the N Sane Trilogy, of that I'm certain.

I for one expected this to be huge but not THIS huge. I checked Amazon's site in over 10 countries and it was #1 in the top 100 games list for ALL platforms in ALL of the countries. Wow, the biggest mistake Sony has ever done was getting rid of their iconic franchise. That would be like Sega selling their Sonic franchise. I still can't believe they did something SO CRAZY and idiotic. Crash is SO synonymous with PlayStation there's just no denying this fact. The series is LARGER than Sonic. All Crash games have outsold the biggest selling Sonic game (Sonic 2.)

N Sane Trilogy could sell over 10 million lifetime and I'm not even kidding. Dead serious on this!!! This is also going to be the biggest selling remaster/remake game of all-time. I loved Crash back in the day but I wasn't the biggest fan or anything. But seriously man, GO CRASH!!! Kill those sales and show Mario and all his Nintendo followers what you're truly made of haha. I can't wait for those 2 million + opening numbers. That's going to be crazy for a remaster. :D

That's awesome news, I'm hoping they also remake Crash Bash and CTR and bundle them together :P