By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash bandicoot outsells horizon launch week in a couple days UK

Ka-pi96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Because as a child I got Crash bandicoot for Christmas, the year after I got crash 2, the year after Crash Warped , year after CTR, Year after Crash bash, then Jax/JD2-3.  I always looked forward to the next game from them basically the same with Rare Platform games but both are simply stopping makes those games and I really really dislike the Uncharted/last of us games while sales like this collection show that people want platform games. 

Do the people who made Crash and Jak still even work at Naughty Dog though? I think that's why people find it strange to want Naughty Dog to do more platformers again. It could well be that the staff there has completely changed since those days, just like Rare, so they'd be the same as the Crash/Jak Naughty Dog in name only.

Yeah did not look it up, only know that Jason Rubin is at Oculus and helped with the development of Lucky tails.

Around the Network

i remember there was a prediction sale thread and a few were saying 500k lifetime

Well done to Crash, maybe they'll learn and do a "Crash Mania" to give old fans what they liked and missed in later non-Naughty Dog entries.

Pinkie_pie said:
i remember there was a prediction sale thread and a few were saying 500k lifetime

Heh, pretty funny that now it's looking like 500k first week in the UK is closer to the truth than 500k lifetime worldwide.

Pinkie_pie said:

"That Yokay whatever game will outsell this. And I'm only talking about the Switch version."

"1M if it's lucky enough."

"It wont even do close to [2m]. Multiplat or not."

None quite as low as 500k, but still low.

Around the Network

Damn, that's great!

I just hope it doesn't become expensive and rare as fuck like GR Remastered... still looking for it at a decent price.

Pinkie_pie said:

Who was that? Must not have liked Bandicoot much.

How close will it get to Geralt's still insane, but now less insane, prediction of "rocketing past 20 million copies?" Oh Geralt...I kind of miss you.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

twintail said:
konnichiwa said:
Good we need more platform games, hope Naughty dog goes back to platform games.

Eh I dont see why ppl still ask this. ND is not the same company it was during the PS1 and PS2 era. I honestly question whether platforming would be their strong suit. I mean, I am sure they wll make a good game regardless of the genre, but I reckon someone else would be a better fit for this.

But you never know I guess. 

Are you implying that Naughty Dog cant make another great 3D platformer again?

Of course they're not the same company they were 20 years ago, they're a 10x bigger studio now, but I bet many people who worked on Crash 3, CTR and the Jak&Daxter games are still with them. Also not sure why they'd need them, ND as is is talented enough to create something good anyway.

I wouldn't want Crash 4 from ND, VV should do it, and Jak 4 should be handled by Sanzaru or Bluepoint. I imagine a potential cartoony game from ND would be like Beyond Good and Evil 2, I'd really love a scifi game like that from ND.

It was sold for the fair price of €40 digital so I imagine those sales will be good. Looks like a 200k+ opening in the UK. WW this should easily be a million seller week 1.

This greatly improves the chances of a crash team racing remake and a spyro trilogy remake.