By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wman1996 said:
Mar1217 said:

We got numbers for the release of Paper Mario TTYD in May over the US.

It performed around the same as Princess Peach Showtime(physical only). 

This isn't too surprising considering it wasn't gonna match Mario RPG which released in November during the Holidays push.

So yeah, it's probably posting around 1.5M-2M worldwide on its first fiscal quarter I believe 

I was hoping for a "Hail Mary" first week to hit around 2 million and already surpass the original. I know that was a tall order. Still, outselling the original in about a month to month and a half would be an amazing feat regardless. 

Definitely expecting it to outsell the original. Also we haven't seen how the legs will carry during the successive month. Slower sure but the end of the year holidays will give it a little boost nonetheless.

I think so far we are looking at a 2-3M fare

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Who is Emio? Just saw this pop up on Nintendo's youtube. Hasn't there been a rumor that Nintendo are working on a Horror Game? 

Someone in the comments said the text translates to "Smiling Man"

axumblade said:

Who is Emio? Just saw this pop up on Nintendo's youtube. Hasn't there been a rumor that Nintendo are working on a Horror Game? 

It would be nice if Nintendo was making an actual horror game.

CaptainExplosion said:
axumblade said:

It would be nice if Nintendo was making an actual horror game.

I feel the same way, but I also think it would be absolutely hilarious if this were just a really awkward teaser for Luigi‘s mansion 4

axumblade said:

This is interesting. Not much to go on yet but it's definitely outside Nintendo's usual comfort zone. They've published stuff like Fatal Frame and Eternal Darkness before though, so it's not unprecedented. Will keep an eye on this for sure.

Around the Network

Rumor is it's from Bloober. So it can either turn out mediocre like all Bloober games or with Nintendo publishing could be their best game yet like Mercury Steam with Metroid games. We shall see.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Rumor is it's from Bloober. So it can either turn out mediocre like all Bloober games or with Nintendo publishing could be their best game yet like Mercury Steam with Metroid games. We shall see.

Bloober is slowly improving. Hopefully Silent Hill 2 will redeem them a bit. 

From the way those project works, at least one published by Nintendo, there's gotta be an aspect to it that makes it at least stand out conceptually to the norm.

I don't know if Bloober would be really behind that kind of project ... Especially if it's for the Switch and not the sucessor.

Nonetheless great enigmatic teaser push from them. Maybe an actual reveal will occur on the next Nintendo Direct ?

Anywoo, @axumblade this would work to be made for a thread ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

curl-6 said:
axumblade said:

This is interesting. Not much to go on yet but it's definitely outside Nintendo's usual comfort zone. They've published stuff like Fatal Frame and Eternal Darkness before though, so it's not unprecedented. Will keep an eye on this for sure.

But who could it's developer be?

Leynos said:

Their name doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Take the L out and you get something nasty.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

But who could it's developer be?

Leynos said:

Their name doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Take the L out and you get something nasty.

Still just a rumor. Also, Nintendo is pretty good at bringing out the best in studios. So take a wait-and-see approach for now.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!