By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I finally finished Pikmin 4. *slowly drives a steam roller over Louie*

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Don't trust 4chan. Last I checked it's full of racists, pedophiles and assholes.

And yet, despite how bad 4chan is, it pales in comparison to 8chan.

Now imagine what goes on 16chan *shivers*

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

And yet, despite how bad 4chan is, it pales in comparison to 8chan.

Now imagine what goes on 16chan *shivers*

4chan, 8chan and the possible 16chan are reasons I wish Samus Aran was real. She'd Plasma Beam their asses.

This is greatly upsetting…….

G2ThaUNiT said:

This is like the Paper Mario restrictions that were in place for years. People can claim it was just a "suggestion" from up top, but who doesn't do what their bosses suggest to them? It's how we ended up with endless toads replacing everything.

I'm glad, based on the remakes of Super Mario RPG/PMTTYD, both of which involved very unique species and character models, and with the new M&L game creating new species/character models, that these dumb restrictions seem to be over. Hopefully whatever DK game comes out next can have more creative freedom as well.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

This is like the Paper Mario restrictions that were in place for years. People can claim it was just a "suggestion" from up top, but who doesn't do what their bosses suggest to them? It's how we ended up with endless toads replacing everything.

I'm glad, based on the remakes of Super Mario RPG/PMTTYD, both of which involved very unique species and character models, and with the new M&L game creating new species/character models, that these dumb restrictions seem to be over. Hopefully whatever DK game comes out next can have more creative freedom as well.

This isn’t about the games though. This is about the theme parks. You don’t create new characters for a theme park. A theme park is supposed to be a celebration of all the things that are tied to the theme. The Kremlings and especially K Rool are such a major part of the popularity of Donkey Kong that it makes it such a weird decision by Nintendo to not include him in the Donkey Kong exhibit. 

I think Miyamoto has more control on what gets approved in the parks (and in the movies) moreso than in games nowadays which may be why it seems like its something he would do.

BasilZero said:

I think Miyamoto has more control on what gets approved in the parks (and in the movies) moreso than in games nowadays which may be why it seems like its something he would do.

Considering the scope of these projects, I have good doubts that Miyamoto is the be all of decider on the Nintendo side.

But it certainly feels like the DKC park is currently only to be there to reference DK recent history through Retro Studio games. Which make now even more sense when we are gonna have Returns HD release at the beginning of next year.

Maybe the Kremlings will be back in the park at some point through an update but it's also clear that they'll need a presence in the games before being back.

Sad they do not want to represent the series legacy, but it'll change in due time, I'm sure.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

G2ThaUNiT said:

What a load of hot steaming bullshit, it's like Nintendo's trying to bury King K. Rool and the Kremlings. -_-

Mar1217 said:

Considering the scope of these projects, I have good doubts that Miyamoto is the be all of decider on the Nintendo side.

But it certainly feels like the DKC park is currently only to be there to reference DK recent history through Retro Studio games. Which make now even more sense when we are gonna have Returns HD release at the beginning of next year.

Maybe the Kremlings will be back in the park at some point through an update but it's also clear that they'll need a presence in the games before being back.

Sad they do not want to represent the series legacy, but it'll change in due time, I'm sure.

I hope the next new one has the Kremlings.

Tired of fighting generic totem and aquatic animal enemies lol

I want them to name the next game: Donkey Kong Country: The Return of the Kremlings